Re: Non-Slovak Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Cluster Bombs

  • Steve Botnovcan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5, 2003
      Jan Lan wrote:
      > Did they say who is going to pay for the humanitarian assistance? I heard
      > the invading forces are supposed to provide all the aid but it seems that
      > Iraqi oil will pay ("Oil-for-Food") for the aid they need as a result of
      > the war. Seems a little less humanitarian if that's the way it will be
      > done.
      Why shouldn't the Iraqi people benefit from their natural resources? If the
      children get milk and the sick get medicine how is that "less humanitarian?
      Water for the thirsty is a good thing. I suppose you would rather see the oil
      go to France where they will do "civilized" things with it.

      > "Oil-for-Food Programme Adjusted to Meet Emergency Needs
      >
      > A resolution was adopted unanimously by the Security Council on 28 March to
      > adjust the Oil-for-Food Programme and give the Secretary-General authority
      > to facilitate the delivery and receipt of goods contracted by the
      > Government of Iraq for the humanitarian needs of its people."

      So that's what they are going to get, just not from Saddam.

      > UK
      > Saturday April 5, 2003
      > The Guardian
      > LettersĀ·
      >
      > Rae Street
      > Jim Pragnell
      > Ian Wallace
      > Brian Jones

      What a great list of experts who sent "letters" to a newspaper. Glad you sent
      this along. Now I know where to go if I need advice on how to run the world.
      I wish you had given me their phone numbers.

      Hey, don't you get any American newspapers or magazines. All you ever quote
      are British Tabloids. I guess I have to start sending you quotes from the
      Inquirer and Star. That's about the same level of credibility.

      > U.S., Britain Under Fire for Using Cluster Bombs

      We got 'em and we use them, on the Republican Guard. That ain't innocent
      civilians. If you feel bad for the thugs that have kept Saddam in power for
      the last 25+ years, then feel bad. They are either going to surrender or
      die. But the rest of the Iraqi people will have a chance to govern
      themselves, pick their leaders, and God help us, I hope none are Democrats
      like you.

      > Amnesty International UK demanded on Wednesday a moratorium on the use of
      > cluster bombs in heavily populated areas.

      Show me evidence of cluster bombs in heavily populated areas. You can't.
      There ain't any. 'cause it ain't happened and it ain't gonna.

      > Iraq: Use of cluster bombs -- Civilians pay the price
      > Amnesty International is deeply concerned about the high toll of civilian
      > casualties and the use of cluster bombs in US military attacks in heavily
      > populated areas.
      >
      > On 1 April, at least 33 civilians including many children were reportedly
      > killed and around 300 injured in US attacks on the town of al-Hilla.
      > Amnesty International is particularly disturbed by reports that cluster
      > bombs were used in the attacks and may have been responsible for some of
      > the civilian deaths.
      Reported by whom? Saddam or his "Information Ministry" who claims that the
      Bagdad International Airport is under Iraqi control?
      Or perhaps it was a letter to the "Guardian" right after one that rags on the
      Royal Family.

      It is really sad that you wish this operation would fail, that you wish Saddam
      would continue to terrorize his subjects, that you want the coillation to
      fail, that you are unhappy because more American troops haven't been killed or
      captured. It is just sad. I feel for you, still reeling from the defeat of
      the election. Unable to grasp what most Americans now know. We will prevail
      in this battle. The world will be better for the pain and suffering that it
      took.

      BTW, Saddam is either dead or left Iraq. He ain't staying around to be tried
      in an international court.

      Steve
    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
        At 03:39 AM 6/04/2003 -0700, you wrote:
        > And so should our companies benefit from the Iraqi.

        Who is our ??? .
        It is interesting (if true) that the contracts for rebuilding Iraq were let
        before the US and others decided to go into Iraq and they were restricted
        to US companies.

        What about the other countries involved don't they get a look in?

        Nick

      • Jan Lan
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
          At 07:57 PM 4/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:
          >Jan Lan wrote:
          >Why shouldn't the Iraqi people benefit from their natural resources? If the
          >children get milk and the sick get medicine how is that "less humanitarian?
          >Water for the thirsty is a good thing. I suppose you would rather see the oil
          >go to France where they will do "civilized" things with it.

          They should benefit. And so should our companies benefit from the Iraqi
          oil by using it to pay them to reconstruct what we've destroyed. They
          should also grant us privileged status such as oil contracts for
          exploration, management of oil fields, pipeline construction, etc.. I hope
          they don't charge them the prices we have to pay for medicine. As far as
          water goes, let them drink French wine, we don't need their "stinkin" wine.

          > > "Oil-for-Food Programme Adjusted to Meet Emergency Needs
          > >
          > > A resolution was adopted unanimously by the Security Council on 28 March to
          > > adjust the Oil-for-Food Programme and give the Secretary-General authority
          > > to facilitate the delivery and receipt of goods contracted by the
          > > Government of Iraq for the humanitarian needs of its people."
          >
          >So that's what they are going to get, just not from Saddam.

          Do you think they might consider that just a change of exploiters, and to
          non-Muslim ones at that.

          > > UK
          > > Saturday April 5, 2003
          > > The Guardian
          > > LettersĀ·
          > >
          > > Rae Street
          > > Jim Pragnell
          > > Ian Wallace
          > > Brian Jones
          >
          >What a great list of experts who sent "letters" to a newspaper. Glad you sent
          >this along.

          Yep, real people not spin doctors and propagandists.

          > Now I know where to go if I need advice on how to run the world.
          I wish you had given me their phone numbers.<

          So you want to run the world. I suspected as much. You really got hooked
          on that Horst Wessel song. Probably play it several times a day. Here are
          the words and a version sung by the SA with band accompaniment
          :http://www.anesi.com/east/horstw.htm Just scroll down the page.

          What do you expect from yawho2001@...

          >I guess I have to start sending you quotes from the
          Inquirer and Star. That's about the same level of credibility.<

          About the same level of credibility as Rush, Mike, etc., etc., etc. etc.,
          etc.,Rummie, etc., etc. etc., etc.

          > > U.S., Britain Under Fire for Using Cluster Bombs

          >They are either going to surrender or die.

          Macho man! Such bravado. Can I have your autograph great patriot? I
          don't know if the regime would permit that sort of fraternization with a
          Democrat. O well, I'll have to be satisfied with a (much appreciated) hand
          me down one from President Schuster. I do have some additional solace from
          the fact that I was standing at the curb when JFK drove past seated on the
          rear deck of a convertible when he visited the base on December 7th 1962
          and was on the curb in El Paso (pure luck) when Lyndon Johnson and the
          president of Mexico drove by in a closed, heavily guarded, limousine cavalcade.

          >But the rest of the Iraqi people will have a chance to govern
          >themselves, pick their leaders, and God help us, I hope none are Democrats
          >like you.

          Hmmm. You and your president want a democracy in Iraq without Democrats
          and the Republican guardians are the bad guys. Sounds about right to me.

          > > Amnesty International UK demanded on Wednesday a moratorium on the use of
          > > cluster bombs in heavily populated areas.
          >
          >Show me evidence of cluster bombs in heavily populated areas. You can't.
          >There ain't any. 'cause it ain't happened and it ain't gonna.

          It takes a cluster bomb to raze a village. They're not necessarily heavily
          populated. Perhaps they were just clustering to closely. Perhaps they
          just grazed 33 dead and injured about 300 hundred, but not razed
          them. Maybe our reporters are so deeply embedded we aren't seeing all
          there is to see. Perhaps not. As I always say "Ya never knowww".

          > On 1 April, at least 33 civilians including many children were reportedly
          > > killed and around 300 injured in US attacks on the town of al-Hilla.
          > > Amnesty International is particularly disturbed by reports that cluster
          > > bombs were used in the attacks and may have been responsible for some of
          > > the civilian deaths.
          >Reported by whom? Saddam or his "Information Ministry" who claims that the
          >Bagdad International Airport is under Iraqi control?
          >Or perhaps it was a letter to the "Guardian" right after one that rags on the
          >Royal Family.

          Ragging on the Royals is forbidden? Sounds like "you be pissed off" about
          the abolition of serfdom. That's about Right. As for "by whom", not
          likely by our embedded reporters. Is that embedded or in bedded?

          >It is really sad that you wish this operation would fail, that you wish Saddam
          >would continue to terrorize his subjects, that you want the coillation to
          >fail, that you are unhappy because more American troops haven't been killed or
          >captured. It is just sad.

          Ahh great Swami reader of minds and know-it-all, try this page after you
          sober up. You might learn the great metaphysical mysteries of the
          universe: http://www.sendafriend.com/MagicMindRead/

          You never heard "I'm a Janko doodle dandy, a Janko doodle do or die, a real
          live nephew of my Uncle Sam ....." Do you believe that no one has the
          right to question the actions of their government? In your "gumint", that
          may be "verboten" but in mine, it is a protected right. Why if we didn't
          have that right, the resident president might launch a preemptive strike
          right before an election against a "world power" like Iraq and try to
          parlay that into a coverup of corporate crony corruption, a sadly sagging
          economy, and a stranglehold on all branches of our government. Now, we
          wouldn't that to happen, would we?

          > I feel for you, still reeling from the defeat of
          >the election. Unable to grasp what most Americans now know. We will prevail
          >in this battle.

          Bravo for that unabashed party line patriotism.

          > The world will be better for the pain and suffering that it took.

          And the safely ensconced oil billionaires, corporate crooks and the rest of
          his "base" will be much richer from the experience. But ne'er you mind
          Cheney's Haliburton will put out the fires of dissent in that region.

          >BTW, Saddam is either dead or left Iraq. He ain't staying around to be tried
          >in an international court.

          The administration does not want to be beholden to an international
          court. They were not one of the 66 signatories that created the
          court. Consequently, Saddam has no worries about that happening.

          Janko
          PS: Here's what I sent my Congress persons this evening:

          "The proposed drastic cuts (92 billion) in Medicaid, SSI and other
          entitlement programs will devastate those in our society that need the
          assistance the most. If we can spend multi billions to "bring freedom to
          the oppressed Iraqis" and
          multi-billions in tax cuts for the most advantaged in our country, we
          surely can afford to help the most vulnerable in our society."

          Steve "bleeding heart" Botnovcan ( Knowing your compassionate nature, I
          thought you wouldn't mind.) ;-)

        • Steve Botnovcan
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
            > At 07:57 PM 4/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:
            > >Jan Lan wrote:
            > PS: Here's what I sent my Congress persons this evening:
            >
            > "The proposed drastic cuts (92 billion) in Medicaid, SSI and other
            > entitlement programs will devastate those in our society that need the
            > assistance the most. If we can spend multi billions to "bring freedom to
            > the oppressed Iraqis" and
            > multi-billions in tax cuts for the most advantaged in our country, we
            > surely can afford to help the most vulnerable in our society."
            >
            > Steve "bleeding heart" Botnovcan ( Knowing your compassionate nature, I
            > thought you wouldn't mind.) ;-)

            Of course you wouldn't sign your own name, you never do. If I had your warped
            view, I guess I wouldn't either. BTW, how many congress persons do you have?
            In New Jersey we only get one per district. Well I guess where you hide it's
            "vote early, vote often and vote for more than one." Sounds like the old Dick
            Daly machine.

            Write me anytime. Or call. I'm here in the sunlight:

            Steve Botnovcan
            1 Round Hill Ct.
            Flemington, NJ 08822
            908-788-0663

            I don't need to hide, I don't have your paranoia. And if I really cared, I'd
            "finger" your ID. But I don't, so here's a finger. Can you guess which one
            it is? (oo!oo) I'm just glad I'm in the "most advantaged" of our country.
            I'll reap the benefit of the tax cut.

            Steve
          • Jan Lan
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
              At 08:52 PM 4/6/2003 -0400, you wrote:
              > > At 07:57 PM 4/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:
              > > >Jan Lan wrote:
              > > PS: Here's what I sent my Congress persons this evening:
              > >
              > > "The proposed drastic cuts (92 billion) in Medicaid, SSI and other
              > > entitlement programs will devastate those in our society that need the
              > > assistance the most. If we can spend multi billions to "bring freedom to
              > > the oppressed Iraqis" and
              > > multi-billions in tax cuts for the most advantaged in our country, we
              > > surely can afford to help the most vulnerable in our society."
              > >
              > > Steve "bleeding heart" Botnovcan ( Knowing your compassionate nature, I
              > > thought you wouldn't mind.) ;-)
              >
              >Of course you wouldn't sign your own name, you never do.

              What's wrong with Jan Lan? Well OK, lt's really John. Look me up.

              > If I had your warped view, I guess I wouldn't either.

              Yep. Concern for and trying to assist the less fortunate is surely warped
              by your standards.

              >BTW, how many congress persons do you have? In New Jersey we only get one
              >per district.

              You mean in our country we're only allowed to write to our own?

              > Well I guess where you hide it's "vote early, vote often and vote for
              > more than one." Sounds like the old Dick
              >Daly machine.

              They weren't as corrupt as the Bushes and their crooked corporate machine
              base. The buck doesn't stop with them. It gets them the Supremes who
              appointed Dubyah even though he lost the election.

              >Write me anytime. Or call. I'm here in the sunlight:

              Sunlight in NJ? Come on now. Jur pullin my leg. You got my photo, look
              up mine or is that look me up. Whatever.

              >Steve Botnovcan
              >1 Round Hill Ct.
              >Flemington, NJ 08822
              >908-788-0663

              Hej man, your really lucky living that close to a village named
              Clinton. Ya know it takes a village...... Maybe there's hope for
              you. Even luckier, you live just a few miles from my oldest niece who
              lives in the High Bridge area.

              >I don't need to hide, I don't have your paranoia. And if I really cared,
              >I'd "finger" your ID.

              In your case, it would be your proctologist that has the privilege.

              >But I don't, so here's a finger. Can you guess which one it is? (oo!oo)

              And a six bun salute to
              then one the size of yours for good measure: ( | )

              > I'm just glad I'm in the "most advantaged"

              ( an euphemism for "corrupt Republican")

              >of our country. I'll reap the benefit of the tax cut.
              >
              >Steve

              See, and they say the Right is not compassionate. Untermenschen like you
              and Dubyah vill make dem versthehen.

              auf Wiedersehen mein schatz - http://www.anesi.com/east/horstw.htm

              Janko