[Slovak-World] An interesting link

  • Mark Sabol
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2008
      skeeter,

      I think halusky made without potatoes is usually mixed with a cheesy or milky sauce, while halusky made with potatoes (often called "strapacky," which would make that the Slovak equivalent of the Italian "gnocchi") is usually mixed with cabbage, onions, etc. Bits of crispy bacon are an essential part of bryndzove halusky; fried cabbage or onions would seem out of place to me. But chacun a son gout.

      Mark Sabol