At Heaven's Gate

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2003
      A friend sent this to me:

      Subject: Heaven

      A woman arrived at the gates of Heaven. While she was
      waiting for St. Peter to greet her, she peeked through the
      gates. She saw a beautiful banquet table. Sitting all
      around were her parents and all the other people she had
      loved and who had died before her. They saw her and began
      calling greetings to her.

      "Hello, how are you!"

      "We've been waiting for you!"

      "Good to see you!"

      When St. Peter came by, the woman said to him, "This is such
      a wonderful place! How do I get in?!"

      "You have to spell a word," St. Peter told her.

      "Which word?" she asked.

      "Love," replied St. Peter.

      The woman correctly spelled "Love," and St. Peter welcomed
      her into Heaven.
      About a year later, St. Peter came to the woman and asked
      her to watch the Gates of Heaven for him that day.

      While she was guarding the Gates of Heaven, her husband
      arrived. "I'm surprised to see you," the woman said "How
      have you been?"

      "Oh, I've been doing pretty well since you died," her
      husband told her. "I married the beautiful young nurse who
      took care of you while you were ill. And then I won the
      multi-state lottery. I sold the little house you and I
      lived in and bought a huge mansion. My wife and I traveled
      all around the world. We were on vacation in Cancun, and I
      went water skiing today and fell and hit my head, so here
      I am!"

      "What a bummer!" she replied.

      "How do I get in?" he asked.

      "You have to spell a word," she replied.

      "What word?" he asked.

      "Czechoslovakia," she replied.