Re: [Slovak-World] Any other kohlrabi (brukev) lovers out there?

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 124 , Apr 9, 2008
      Good luck Skeeter, I love 'em too -- right up there with Rutabagas, one of my faves.

      I'm a back-yard gardener as well -- this year's projects are hooking up a rain barrel I bought last fall (wish me luck with tinsnips on my gutters) and assembling an arbor for a wisteria I planted last spring (hopefully it's not dead, covered it with a rose cone for winter).

      Caye

      skeeter <fbican@...> wrote:
      I'm getting ready to start sprouting seed for my little summer garden, and kohlrabi are number one on the list. I've loved them since I was a little kid. I like them very simple -- sliced, boiled, and with a little butter and black pepper.

      It's almost inpossible to find a decent kohlrabi in the grocery store any more, any time of year. I guess I'll have to try growing my own.

      I remember my Bohemian parents growing them, and they were delicious. They're something that you'll never find in any restaurant any more. Like lots of foods from my past, they've fallen out of favor, I guess.

      Wish me luck!

      --Skeeter

    • Bobbi J. Town
      Message 124 of 124 , Jun 24 7:12 AM