AW: [Slovak-World] Changing to Euro

  • Sven Thomschewski
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 6, 2008
      Thats true the dual system starts in august and end after the 1st January
      2009. But you can pay in euro and SKK till the end of 2009. The prices has
      to assign in EURO in SKK till the end of 2009 and the natinal bank of
      slovakia is bound to take SKK back till 2013.

      The EURO has 5 EURO-Notes, 10 EURO-Notes, 20 EURO-Notes and so on and 2
      EURO-coins, 1 EURO-coins, 50 EUR0-Cent, 20 EURO-Cent and so on.

      I am from germany and I can tell nobody likes the EURO here, because
      everything got so expensive. The german goverment told us 1 EURO should
      worth 2 german marks. But this was a lie. 1 EURO is 1 german mark. Now
      everyone has much less money than before and the prices for food getting
      expensive more and more.

      Sven

      _____

      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 16, 2008
        > I'm referring to the early 90's.

        I completely agree with Paul. A) The Tuzex stores lost their status
        as foreign goods sellers for Western currency with the collapse of
        communism in 1989. B) What use is it to provide experiences from who
        knows when:

        > "what ever you do don't deal on the black market"

        ... phrased as advice for tourists in the 21st century.

        Martin

        votruba "t" pitt "dot" edu