Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Kosice & Tatranska Lomnica

  • maxine
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
      Speaking of "traditional items", when I was in the Carp. Mountains, they all served soup in a beautiful big bowl, I guess it was designed especially for soup. Does anyone know where I may purchase one? They servred soup twice a day. maxine sasala

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 10, 2008
        I just got this from a friend.

        Joe

        ****

        The Pittsburgh-based Carpatho-Rusyn Society is sponsoring a Lemko-Rusyn Language Study Abroad trip to the Lemko region of southeastern Poland from 10 to 27 July. Registration is underway now, and since only 15 people can take part, act now if you're interested.

        This first-ever Rusyn-language learning program for foreigners in Europe is being held in Gorlice, Poland, at the historic Ruska Bursa building. Classes are held there regularly for locals, but this is the first time instruction will be geared towards English speakers.

        The cost is estimated at $2800, which includes round-trip airfare from Newark to Krakow, transportation between Krakow and Gorlice, hotels, most meals, all materials including take-home learning materials on CD, as well as participation in the annual Lemko Vatra festival in Zdynia.

        If interested, send an email to lemkotour@... as soon as possible.
      • Armata, Joseph R
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 28, 2008
          The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review had an article on the Dukla Pass yesterday; here's an online link with Slovak World's own Bill Tarkulich:

          http://tinyurl.com/5cp7be

          Joe
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 28, 2008
            Thanks, Joe.

            Is Bill thinking of leading a tour of the area in the near future?  I would love to attend.

            Chuck