Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Eastern European Saint Valentine's Day Windows Wallpaper

  • Edward T. Surkosky
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 5 10:58 PM
      The sources in my possession are:

      1952 Marian Missal, I purchased this in 5th grade at SS.C.&M. Parochial
      School, has the date July 7th and contains the readings for that feast and a
      short biography.

      1941 National Catholic Almanac, calendar lists list July 7th SSC&M, bps.

      When it was moved from July 5th to July 7th I don't know.

      Ed Surkosky

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 6 7:47 AM
        > 1952 Marian Missal
        >
        > 1941 National Catholic Almanac

        Thank you Ed. It's useful to have that information. It's interesting
        that they used a different date from what the Pope decreed in 1880.

        Martin

        votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
      • Edward T. Surkosky
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 6 8:57 PM
          I know. Leo XIII made additional changes after 1880, as did Pius X and
          subsequent popes. I was unable to find out who moved it to July 5th.

          Ed Surkosky