Re: Still Czechs' favorites

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
      Yes, the ""It was due to the "anti-Czech" votes by> some German and
      Austrian conservatives."" reflects the political power of the Germans
      driven out of the former Sudetenland. They are quite powerful
      political factions in those countries, and seem to be continuing teh
      power on into the next generation.

      Happily this is a Slovak list so we can avoid the topic! Emotions are
      still quite high. I believe Thomas Reimer contributes to this list
      and has a website on the topic at http://www.geocities.com/ycrtmr/

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Votruba" <votrubam@...>
      wrote:

      > Conversely, the Germans get better ratings from the Slovaks than
      from> the Czechs, but there are no truly comparative polls. There's
      some> higher antagonism to the Czechs among some Germans, too.