Re: [SPAM]Re: [Slovak-World] Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Slovak

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 64 , Dec 9, 2007
      I send it to you private in word so you get the right marks in right
      places and for you and many others on this list, perhaps it wouldn't
      be a bad idea to sign up for the SUMMES SLOVAK LANGUAGE CLASSES AT
      THE UNIVERSITY OF JAN AMOS KOMENIUS IN BRATISLAVA.
      Info here:

      http://www.ujop.sk/blade/index.php?s=79

      And some pix are here: http://lindervideo.com/UJOP/1.htm

    • konekta@nm.psg.sk
      Message 64 of 64 , Dec 16, 2007
        Maybe in one of those places, making a phone call.:-))
        Vladimir

        _____

        From: Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        From: Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        [mailto:Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com]
        On
        Behalf Of J. Edward Polko
        Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:39 AM
        To: Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        Slovakia

        Hi Helene,
        I agree with you about the beauty of Slovak. Just as an aside,
        Vychodnarsky
        is the term used to describe Vychod or East. West is Zapad, and north is
        Sever(with a diacritic) for North. Unfortunately I cannot remember the
        term
        for South.
        I had an interesting experience in Slovakia when I had to go to the
        bathroom. I couldn't think of the name. Anyone who goes to Slovakia should
        make sure that they learn this one before they go.
        I also had a similar experiience in Linz(Austria). We had driven for
        about 3 hours and consumed about a litre of pop each. Then we had to
        search
        for a hotel and finally we managed to find a nice place right across from
        City Hall. While we were trying to register, we both had to go to the
        bathroom desperately. However even after jumping up and down while looking
        for the right phrase in our tour book, I finally used sign language to let
        the young lady know what we were jumping around for, and she let us get
        into
        our room before we checked in officially.
        regards,
        John e. Polko