Christmas Foods

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 64 , Dec 8, 2007
      Be sure to check out...

      http://www.iarelative.com/recipe

      Lots of classic Slovak-World Christmas Holiday Recipes,
      some going back 11 years.

      Many of them come with a story including about everything you
      ever need to know about Sauerkraut and Christmas Goose.

      Does everyone remember the tread about the Christmas Goose?

      It was great....

      Greg
    • konekta@nm.psg.sk
      Message 64 of 64 , Dec 16, 2007
        Maybe in one of those places, making a phone call.:-))
        Vladimir

        _____

        From: Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        From: Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        [mailto:Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com]
        On
        Behalf Of J. Edward Polko
        Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:39 AM
        To: Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
        Slovakia

        Hi Helene,
        I agree with you about the beauty of Slovak. Just as an aside,
        Vychodnarsky
        is the term used to describe Vychod or East. West is Zapad, and north is
        Sever(with a diacritic) for North. Unfortunately I cannot remember the
        term
        for South.
        I had an interesting experience in Slovakia when I had to go to the
        bathroom. I couldn't think of the name. Anyone who goes to Slovakia should
        make sure that they learn this one before they go.
        I also had a similar experiience in Linz(Austria). We had driven for
        about 3 hours and consumed about a litre of pop each. Then we had to
        search
        for a hotel and finally we managed to find a nice place right across from
        City Hall. While we were trying to register, we both had to go to the
        bathroom desperately. However even after jumping up and down while looking
        for the right phrase in our tour book, I finally used sign language to let
        the young lady know what we were jumping around for, and she let us get
        into
        our room before we checked in officially.
        regards,
        John e. Polko