Re: [Slovak-World] Death Certificate or death

  • Lucjan Soltys
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hello Donnamarie,

      I think that name can be with different spelling in the archives.
      Kons looks like a slovak spelling of the name phoneticaly it will be
      very similar to polish spelling: Kas (a with catch is pronaunce as on in
      polish). Please try the search with this surname also. As far as I know
      there is a lot of labels with Kons and Kas in Piekielnik cemetary in
      both Slovak and Polish language.
      Regarding the archives where you can search for this area it will be
      Spiska Kapitula (Slovakia):

      Spisska dieceza
      Spiska Kapitula 13
      053 04 Spisk Podhradie