Slovak Party - Sat., Nov 3 - Pittsburgh

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2007
      It's not too late to sign up to come to the Super
      Slovak Party - Sat. Nov 3 at 4 pm - the more the
      merrier!

      We have over 60 people coming from California,
      Florida, Tennesee, Wisconsin, Indiana etc.

      So if you want more info - get back to me directly -

      helene
      helenezx@...

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Gregory J Kopchak
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007
        It's really hard to imagine the difference between Slovakia
        and America when it comes to All Souls Day.

        A cemetery aglow with candles is from F. William Lucak.

        http://www.iarelative.com/history/all_souls.htm

        Rudo sent us a link to a page of photos of the celebration in Slovakia.

        http://www.pavlovics.com/index.php?content=attractions&lang=en&show=8#8

        It is an impressive celebration.

        Greg Kopchak

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@...> wrote:

        > The Light a Candle on All Souls Day Remembrance list is now
        available at

        > http://www.iarelative.com/all_souls/
        >
        > Greg Kopchak

      • Gregory J Kopchak
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007
          I got an email from Margarete Hurn that like us, she can't make
          it to Pittsburg.

          Her new book is great.

          The Foreigner's Guide to Living in Slovakia.

          Lots of Slovak-World members contributed to the book.

          Greg Kopchak

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
          wrote:

          > It's not too late to sign up to come to the Super
          > Slovak Party - Sat. Nov 3 at 4 pm - the more the
          > merrier!
          >
          > We have over 60 people coming from California,
          > Florida, Tennesee, Wisconsin, Indiana etc.
          >
          > So if you want more info - get back to me directly -
          >
          > helene
          > helenezx@...

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Edie
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
            Thank you! The photos are impressive and very beautiful,
            edie

            It's really hard to imagine the difference between Slovakia
            and America when it comes to All Souls Day.

            A cemetery aglow with candles is from F. William Lucak.

            http://www.iarelative.com/history/all_souls.htm

            Rudo sent us a link to a page of photos of the celebration in Slovakia.

            http://www.pavlovics.com/index.php?content=attractions&lang=en&show=8#8

            It is an impressive celebration.

            Greg Kopchak

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@...> wrote:

            > The Light a Candle on All Souls Day Remembrance list is now
            available at

            > http://www.iarelative.com/all_souls/
            >
            > Greg Kopchak

          • Lil Junas
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
              Sorry that my message went to S-W. It was meant for someone outside S-W. Am
              in Slovakia now and using a Slovak keyboard, so things are sometimes
              confusing.
              Lil

              On 11/3/07, Edie <sando1@...> wrote:

              > Thank you! The photos are impressive and very beautiful,
              > edie

              "To be nobody but myself."

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
                Greg,
                Terrific pictures and sites to visit. Took me several hours to get through
                it all.
                Pavel

              • Gregory J Kopchak
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
                  Pavel:

                  In America we think of adding a vigil light or pot of flowers on a
                  grave for All Souls Day.

                  In Slovakia it can be 10 or 20 candles and a garden full of flowers.

                  It's hard to understand the difference till you see it.

                  Greg

                  --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Taoz@... wrote:

                  > Greg,
                  > Terrific pictures and sites to visit. Took me several hours to get
                  through
                  > it all.
                  > Pavel

                • Matchett
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 3, 2007
                    Same with me in that it took several hours to look at the terrific
                    pictures. A lot of nice photos of Presov. I went from link to link
                    and ended up at www.radio.cz where I read all about the Welsh movie
                    "The Silent Village". It was made about Lidice just after it was
                    destroyed. Julia M.