Re:Slovak Real Estate

  • slidertechnology
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
      My wife and I were looking at buying property in Slovakia and finally
      after a long time looking we decided on an apartment which had been
      remodeled inside. The apartment was being sold through a rep at Remax
      Slovakia in Zilina and we got pretty good help with everything. We are
      on the verge of closing the deal as money has been transferred and
      papers are being written up. We were glad we transferred money earlier
      on as the US Dollar is getting lower in value right now.

      The apartment is a modest 2 small bedroom apartment on a 4 floor
      building and the balcony looks towards the mountains over Mala Bytca.
      The apartment itself is in Bytca.

      I have not seen this place in person and only by photos so far. I will
      not see it until I go back to Slovakia with my wife for Xmas 2008 to
      spend a couple of weeks there.

      We were going to rent it out but have not had time to work on that and
      they just started regulating taxation on landlords to charge income
      tax on rented properties. We have to do more research and find out how
      to get through this stuff. So far my mother in law has been taking
      time out of work to help us keep things together and proper.

      john

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Larry Buback <lbuback@...> wrote:

      > Another site I enjoy is the Slovak Property Investment site at;
      > http://www.slovakiainvestmentproperty.com/.
      > In addition to investment property they have a monthly newsletter
      that's has updates on the Slovak economy which I find very
      interesting. Past newsletters are available and you can see the
      positive economic progress Slovakia has made. I visited in Slovakia
      in 1997 and was depressed with the lack of progress at that time.
      Since then I have returned in 2005 and was so impressed with their
      progress I returned in 2006 and saw even more positive changes. If
      you are interested in how our Slovak homeland is progressing
      economically today, I think you will this enjoy this site.