Re:Slovak Real Estate

  • Larry Buback
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
      Another site I enjoy is the Slovak Property Investment site at;
      http://www.slovakiainvestmentproperty.com/.
      In addition to investment property they have a monthly newsletter that's has updates on the Slovak economy which I find very interesting. Past newsletters are available and you can see the positive economic progress Slovakia has made. I visited in Slovakia in 1997 and was depressed with the lack of progress at that time. Since then I have returned in 2005 and was so impressed with their progress I returned in 2006 and saw even more positive changes. If you are interested in how our Slovak homeland is progressing economically today, I think you will this enjoy this site.

      Larry Buback
      lbuback@...

    • slidertechnology
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
        My wife and I were looking at buying property in Slovakia and finally
        after a long time looking we decided on an apartment which had been
        remodeled inside. The apartment was being sold through a rep at Remax
        Slovakia in Zilina and we got pretty good help with everything. We are
        on the verge of closing the deal as money has been transferred and
        papers are being written up. We were glad we transferred money earlier
        on as the US Dollar is getting lower in value right now.

        The apartment is a modest 2 small bedroom apartment on a 4 floor
        building and the balcony looks towards the mountains over Mala Bytca.
        The apartment itself is in Bytca.

        I have not seen this place in person and only by photos so far. I will
        not see it until I go back to Slovakia with my wife for Xmas 2008 to
        spend a couple of weeks there.

        We were going to rent it out but have not had time to work on that and
        they just started regulating taxation on landlords to charge income
        tax on rented properties. We have to do more research and find out how
        to get through this stuff. So far my mother in law has been taking
        time out of work to help us keep things together and proper.

        john