Re: [Slovak-World] A Slovak's Night Before Christmas

  • Marianne Petruska
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
      Thanks, Greg! This is a wonderful Slovak interpretation of the classic we
      all read as children. (And I now have the perfect use for the Christmas
      stationary I was given last year!)

      And thanks for including all the other Slovak Christmas info on your site --
      I've bookmarked it & plan to include some Slovak traditions and dishes in
      this year's Christmas celebration.

      MARIANNE

      On 10/4/07, Gregory J Kopchak <greg@...> wrote:

      > I just posted A Slovak's Night before Christmas
      > at our Slovak Christmas Traditions site.
      >
      > http://www.iarelative.com/xmas/slovak_twas.htm
      >
      > It's the great version that was uploaded to the
      > Photo's section at Slovak-World by hankalala31
      > as a scanned image file on Dec 23, 2006.
      >
      > I also made a Microsoft Word document that you
      > can print exactly to one page for a crisp clean
      > copy to include with your Christmas card or letter.
      >
      > Does anyone have any clue as to who the author
      > is? It would be nice to give the author the
      > credit they are due for one great poem.
      >
      > Be sure to take the Reading Comprehension Test
      > at the bottom of the Night before Christmas page
      > too.
      >
      > Greg Kopchak
      > It's All Relative
      >
      > Greg Kopchak
      > It's All Relative

    • Gregory J Kopchak
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
        Marianne:

        If you are printing on Christmas stationary,
        you may need to adjust the top and bottom
        margins and line spacing to make the MS word
        document fit your stationary page. I have it
        set for plain 8 1/2 by 11 paper.

        Did you take the Reading Comprehension test?

        I got 100%

        Greg Kopchak
        It's All Relative

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Petruska"
        <marianne50614@...> wrote:

        > Thanks, Greg! This is a wonderful Slovak interpretation of the
        classic we
        > all read as children. (And I now have the perfect use for the Christmas
        > stationary I was given last year!)
        >
        > And thanks for including all the other Slovak Christmas info on your
        site --
        > I've bookmarked it & plan to include some Slovak traditions and
        dishes in
        > this year's Christmas celebration.
        >
        > MARIANNE
        >
        > On 10/4/07, Gregory J Kopchak <greg@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I just posted A Slovak's Night before Christmas
        > > at our Slovak Christmas Traditions site.
        > >
        > > http://www.iarelative.com/xmas/slovak_twas.htm

      • Gil Kubancsek

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
            Gil: Thta's a great idea.

            This sounds like a great project for some language
            expert on Slovak-World to do on a rainy day.

            Translating is not easy to do unless you are fluent
            in both languages involved.

            You just can't do a "word by word" deal and expect
            it to come out right.

            You would also need the Slovak Font Set installed
            for MS Word to print it out.

            Greg Kopchak
            It's All Relative