A Slovak's Night Before Christmas

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
      I just posted A Slovak's Night before Christmas
      at our Slovak Christmas Traditions site.

      http://www.iarelative.com/xmas/slovak_twas.htm

      It's the great version that was uploaded to the
      Photo's section at Slovak-World by hankalala31
      as a scanned image file on Dec 23, 2006.

      I also made a Microsoft Word document that you
      can print exactly to one page for a crisp clean
      copy to include with your Christmas card or letter.

      Does anyone have any clue as to who the author
      is? It would be nice to give the author the
      credit they are due for one great poem.

      Be sure to take the Reading Comprehension Test
      at the bottom of the Night before Christmas page
      too.

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative
    • Marianne Petruska
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
        Thanks, Greg! This is a wonderful Slovak interpretation of the classic we
        all read as children. (And I now have the perfect use for the Christmas
        stationary I was given last year!)

        And thanks for including all the other Slovak Christmas info on your site --
        I've bookmarked it & plan to include some Slovak traditions and dishes in
        this year's Christmas celebration.

        MARIANNE

        On 10/4/07, Gregory J Kopchak <greg@...> wrote:

        > I just posted A Slovak's Night before Christmas
        > at our Slovak Christmas Traditions site.
        >
        > http://www.iarelative.com/xmas/slovak_twas.htm
        >
        > It's the great version that was uploaded to the
        > Photo's section at Slovak-World by hankalala31
        > as a scanned image file on Dec 23, 2006.
        >
        > I also made a Microsoft Word document that you
        > can print exactly to one page for a crisp clean
        > copy to include with your Christmas card or letter.
        >
        > Does anyone have any clue as to who the author
        > is? It would be nice to give the author the
        > credit they are due for one great poem.
        >
        > Be sure to take the Reading Comprehension Test
        > at the bottom of the Night before Christmas page
        > too.
        >
        > Greg Kopchak
        > It's All Relative
        >
        > Greg Kopchak
        > It's All Relative

      • Gregory J Kopchak
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
          Marianne:

          If you are printing on Christmas stationary,
          you may need to adjust the top and bottom
          margins and line spacing to make the MS word
          document fit your stationary page. I have it
          set for plain 8 1/2 by 11 paper.

          Did you take the Reading Comprehension test?

          I got 100%

          Greg Kopchak
          It's All Relative

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Petruska"
          <marianne50614@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, Greg! This is a wonderful Slovak interpretation of the
          classic we
          > all read as children. (And I now have the perfect use for the Christmas
          > stationary I was given last year!)
          >
          > And thanks for including all the other Slovak Christmas info on your
          site --
          > I've bookmarked it & plan to include some Slovak traditions and
          dishes in
          > this year's Christmas celebration.
          >
          > MARIANNE
          >
          > On 10/4/07, Gregory J Kopchak <greg@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I just posted A Slovak's Night before Christmas
          > > at our Slovak Christmas Traditions site.
          > >
          > > http://www.iarelative.com/xmas/slovak_twas.htm

        • Gil Kubancsek

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
              Gil: Thta's a great idea.

              This sounds like a great project for some language
              expert on Slovak-World to do on a rainy day.

              Translating is not easy to do unless you are fluent
              in both languages involved.

              You just can't do a "word by word" deal and expect
              it to come out right.

              You would also need the Slovak Font Set installed
              for MS Word to print it out.

              Greg Kopchak
              It's All Relative