Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Connecting to Czechoslovakia

  • Marianne Petruska
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
      I wish I could say we have family letters dating back to WWI days. We have
      almost 2 dozen letters from the late 30s, written by my grandfather to my
      Mom & grandmother, who moved from the Pittsburgh area to L.A. ahead of him.
      He wrote once a week then posted a letter a day on his train trip west to
      join them. (The letters are all in Slovak & the ink has bled through the
      paper on some of them. One day I hope to have them all photocopied &
      translated into English.)

      MARIANNE

    • pjjano@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
        We also have letters written by my grandfather written to my grandmother
        before they were married 1900 also the letters my mother and father wrote to
        each other during WWII this way we got to know them better Paul Janosik