Slovak Real Estate

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
      For a listing of Slovak or European real estate for rent or purchase,
      take a look at http://www.properazzi.com/# At the bottom of the page
      you will find Slovakia in the listing of various countries they offer
      services in. Currently it seems they claim 595 listings throughout
      the country. Prices are listed in Euros, so multiply the price by
      $1.40 to get the approximate price in $$.

      This could be a handy web trip for anyone curious about what various
      housing looks like, how the prices vary or perhaps even a starting
      point for the few looking for a vacation property.

      Ron
    • Larry Buback
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
        Another site I enjoy is the Slovak Property Investment site at;
        http://www.slovakiainvestmentproperty.com/.
        In addition to investment property they have a monthly newsletter that's has updates on the Slovak economy which I find very interesting. Past newsletters are available and you can see the positive economic progress Slovakia has made. I visited in Slovakia in 1997 and was depressed with the lack of progress at that time. Since then I have returned in 2005 and was so impressed with their progress I returned in 2006 and saw even more positive changes. If you are interested in how our Slovak homeland is progressing economically today, I think you will this enjoy this site.

        Larry Buback
        lbuback@...

      • slidertechnology
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
          My wife and I were looking at buying property in Slovakia and finally
          after a long time looking we decided on an apartment which had been
          remodeled inside. The apartment was being sold through a rep at Remax
          Slovakia in Zilina and we got pretty good help with everything. We are
          on the verge of closing the deal as money has been transferred and
          papers are being written up. We were glad we transferred money earlier
          on as the US Dollar is getting lower in value right now.

          The apartment is a modest 2 small bedroom apartment on a 4 floor
          building and the balcony looks towards the mountains over Mala Bytca.
          The apartment itself is in Bytca.

          I have not seen this place in person and only by photos so far. I will
          not see it until I go back to Slovakia with my wife for Xmas 2008 to
          spend a couple of weeks there.

          We were going to rent it out but have not had time to work on that and
          they just started regulating taxation on landlords to charge income
          tax on rented properties. We have to do more research and find out how
          to get through this stuff. So far my mother in law has been taking
          time out of work to help us keep things together and proper.

          john