Re: Old communist-propaganda banners

  • vchromoho
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 7 5:35 PM
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Lil Junas" <povetzlil@...> wrote:

      > You might try contacting the Czech & Slovak Museum and Library in
      Cedar
      > Rapids, Iowa

      You mean that institution that continues to loudly *insist* that Andy
      Warhol and his family are ethnic Slovaks / "Slovak-Americans", despite
      every fact to the contrary?

      The place has no credibility.

      But then I guess they do know something about communist-style
      propaganda, so... carry on ;-)
    • Lil Junas
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 7 6:59 PM
        The Czech & Slovak Museum and Library has much credibility and is doing much
        to enhance the Slovak and Czech heritage. I don't know what your beef is
        with the Andy Warhol situation. I've been to the Warhol museum in
        Medzilborce, Slovakia. And there's not doubt there is evidence to Slovak
        heritage there.
        Lil

        On 9/7/07, vchromoho <rcuster@...> wrote:

        > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Lil Junas" <povetzlil@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > You might try contacting the Czech & Slovak Museum and Library in
        > Cedar
        > > Rapids, Iowa
        >
        > You mean that institution that continues to loudly *insist* that Andy
        > Warhol and his family are ethnic Slovaks / "Slovak-Americans", despite
        > every fact to the contrary?
        >
        > The place has no credibility.
        >
        > But then I guess they do know something about communist-style
        > propaganda, so... carry on ;-)

        "To be nobody but myself."

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8 10:46 AM
          Hi All
          Far as I know Andy Warhol's Uncles and aunts lived closed to Circ ,Slovakia. One uncle John Varchal married my My grandfather John Gernat's neice Mary Gernat. They came over and lived in Tarentum Pa. Far as I know they are Slovaks. They all went to the Byzantine Catholic Church in Circ, Slovakia.
          Ed Gernat

          From: "Lil Junas" <povetzlil@...>

          > The Czech & Slovak Museum and Library has much credibility and is doing much
          > to enhance the Slovak and Czech heritage. I don't know what your beef is
          > with the Andy Warhol situation. I've been to the Warhol museum in
          > Medzilborce, Slovakia. And there's not doubt there is evidence to Slovak
          > heritage there.
          > Lil
          >
          > On 9/7/07, vchromoho <rcuster@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Lil Junas" <povetzlil@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > You might try contacting the Czech & Slovak Museum and Library in
          > > Cedar
          > > > Rapids, Iowa
          > >
          > > You mean that institution that continues to loudly *insist* that Andy
          > > Warhol and his family are ethnic Slovaks / "Slovak-Americans", despite
          > > every fact to the contrary?
          > >
          > > The place has no credibility.
          > >
          > > But then I guess they do know something about communist-style
          > > propaganda, so... carry on ;-)
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > "To be nobody but myself."

        • vchromoho
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8 6:50 PM
            No Slovaks inhabited the village of Circ.

            Andy Warhol's parents were not from Circ, nor his aunts and uncles.

            This is getting more and more hilarious.

            Please, continue!!!

          • e.gernat@att.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 9 1:59 AM
              Hi
              Andy Warhal's father and his brother's and sister are in the Circ church records.Did you find their records in another village. The brother's moved to other village's when they where older. That I do not know where they did live after they moved. My father is in the Circ records and was born in Cherleroi,Pa.

              Ed gernat
            • vchromoho
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 9 3:13 PM
                It is amply documented in many places that the Varchola line of Andy
                Warhol's father and his mother's Zavackyj line have been in the
                village Mikova for many generations. If you are looking for a family
                called "Varchol" you are looking at the wrong people.

                Neither the Varcholas of Mikova nor the Zavackyjs of Mikova ever lived
                anywhere near Charleroi, Pa. They lived among other people from
                Mikova: in Oakland-Pittsburgh, in Forest City, Pa., and in Lyndora, Pa.

              • e.gernat@att.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 11 3:29 AM
                  Hi Vchromoho

                  My Varhola cousin told me that his father used to visit the Warchol family south of Tarentum. He hinted that they where related, so I believed him. Thank you for correcting me about the Varhol family. My cousin's from Circ are just another Varhola family. Sorry for my mistake.
                  Dovidenia Ed gernat

                  From: "vchromoho" <rcuster@...>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 16 5:26 PM
                    Do you still have them? Do you have any photos?

                    Got a little couch potato?