Slovak Mushrooms This Year?

  • Sinbad Schwartz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2007
      Any news on the SK mushroom season?

      Mushroom-picking season one of worst ever

      Czech mushroom-pickers have said that this year's mushroom-picking
      season is one of the worst they have ever experienced. According to the
      Pravo daily, mycologists claim that the dry weather conditions
      experienced by the Czech Republic in 2007 are responsible for the
      scarcity of many popular varieties of wild mushrooms this year and that
      only a prolonged period of wet weather will save the season. Mushroom
      picking is hugely popular in this country and it is estimated that over
      26 million kilograms of the forest fungi were harvested by Czechs last
      year.
    • Victoria Hospodar Valentine
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
        I rec'd a picture from my cousin showing me the mushrooms they had picked in
        the woods near their home in Namestovo. A few weeks ago she sent a package
        for my daughter in honor of her recent wedding, and enclosed was a bag of
        dried hri'b for me!
        Vickie Hospodar Valentine