Re: Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak Festival: who's going?

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2007
      Dr. "Q",

      I really hadn't been giving much thought to a party this year, but I
      guess it's time to start.

      Bill Brna

      On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:46:18 -0700 (PDT) "Dr. Joe Q"
      <doctor_jq@...> writes:
      Dear Joyce,

      There is the:

      Party before (Helen does this)
      The Party (Martin and U of Pitt)
      The Party after (Brna at a local tevern)

      Of course you could start something else like the
      party wa-a-a-a-a-y before. Or maybe the whatever
      get-together just before but in between wa-a-a-a-a-y
      after!

      No one will complain.

      Dr. "Q"

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2007
        Yes, I missed the before party last year, I don't know why. I was putting my bid in for that one this year when I said we should start thinking about Sat. party. I guess Helene is in the back ground here reading all of this - :>) I did make it to the party after. Disappointing turn out. Aside from you, Julie and myself with accompanying spouses and a couple others, I don't remember anyone else being there. We'll see.
        Joyce

      • Dr. Joe Q.
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1, 2007
          Well, the party after is right after and some folks have to leave then.

          Bill started it a couple of years ago. The first one had about 25 show
          up. It isn't anything formal.

          Dr. "Q"

        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 4, 2007
            Since I can't make it again this time (I know I'm a
            loozer) -- would someone mind posting photos again
            this year -- and know I'll be there with y'all in
            spirit!!!

            Thanks!

            Caye

          • julmarie58
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 20, 2007
              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote:

              > Dear Joyce,
              >
              > There is the:
              >
              > Party before (Helen does this)
              > The Party (Martin and U of Pitt)
              > The Party after (Brna at a local tevern)
              >
              > Of course you could start something else like the
              > party wa-a-a-a-a-y before. Or maybe the whatever
              > get-together just before but in between wa-a-a-a-a-y
              > after!

              Hi,
              My husband & I plan on going to the Slovak Festival in Pittsburgh. We
              attended last year, Helene's party and I would like more info on the
              get together on Sunday evening for this year. I saw something posted,
              but could not find it. Thanks Julianna Sopko Zarzycki