Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak Festival: who's going?

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 31, 2007
      Hi Everyone - just home from a super summer although
      this is the first time I heard the words "stress" and
      calories in the villages, quite often. There are so
      many new homes and businesses going up everywhere!
      Slovakia is changing so fast - right before your eyes!

      My mother and I will be exhibiting at the Slovak
      festival at Pitt on Nov 4 and the night before
      (Sat., Nov 3) Beth will repeat her super Slovak Party
      beginning at 4 pm - if you want more info please e
      mail me direct.

      helene

      --- "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote:

      > Dear Joyce,
      >
      > Everyone expects that you'll be there. It's like
      > the
      > sun coming up.
      >
      > Be sure to bring friends. See you a couple of
      > months.
      >
      > Dr. "Q"
      >
      > --- bhewlett@... wrote:
      >
      > > I plan on going.
      > > Joyce Hewlett>
      > >
      > > From: J Michutka <jmm@...>
      > > >Date: 2007/08/31 Fri PM 08:00:40 CDT
      > > >To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [Slovak-World] Slovak Festival: who's
      > > going?

      > > wife
      > > >
      > > >Very nice photo; thanks for sharing it!
      > > >
      > > >Anyone on the list planning to go to the Slovak
      > > Festival in
      > > >November? As far as I know, I'll be there.
      > > >
      > > >Julie Michutka
      > > >jmm@...

      > http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

      http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
    • William F Brna
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1 4:14 AM
        Dr. "Q",

        I really hadn't been giving much thought to a party this year, but I
        guess it's time to start.

        Bill Brna

        On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:46:18 -0700 (PDT) "Dr. Joe Q"
        <doctor_jq@...> writes:
        Dear Joyce,

        There is the:

        Party before (Helen does this)
        The Party (Martin and U of Pitt)
        The Party after (Brna at a local tevern)

        Of course you could start something else like the
        party wa-a-a-a-a-y before. Or maybe the whatever
        get-together just before but in between wa-a-a-a-a-y
        after!

        No one will complain.

        Dr. "Q"

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1 6:52 AM
          Yes, I missed the before party last year, I don't know why. I was putting my bid in for that one this year when I said we should start thinking about Sat. party. I guess Helene is in the back ground here reading all of this - :>) I did make it to the party after. Disappointing turn out. Aside from you, Julie and myself with accompanying spouses and a couple others, I don't remember anyone else being there. We'll see.
          Joyce

        • Dr. Joe Q.
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 1 7:44 AM
            Well, the party after is right after and some folks have to leave then.

            Bill started it a couple of years ago. The first one had about 25 show
            up. It isn't anything formal.

            Dr. "Q"

          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 4 9:46 AM
              Since I can't make it again this time (I know I'm a
              loozer) -- would someone mind posting photos again
              this year -- and know I'll be there with y'all in
              spirit!!!

              Thanks!

              Caye

            • julmarie58
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 20, 2007
                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote:

                > Dear Joyce,
                >
                > There is the:
                >
                > Party before (Helen does this)
                > The Party (Martin and U of Pitt)
                > The Party after (Brna at a local tevern)
                >
                > Of course you could start something else like the
                > party wa-a-a-a-a-y before. Or maybe the whatever
                > get-together just before but in between wa-a-a-a-a-y
                > after!

                Hi,
                My husband & I plan on going to the Slovak Festival in Pittsburgh. We
                attended last year, Helene's party and I would like more info on the
                get together on Sunday evening for this year. I saw something posted,
                but could not find it. Thanks Julianna Sopko Zarzycki