Re: [Slovak-World] Translation Please?

  • Tamie Rovnak
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2007
      thanks for your help - the tombstone is in the states, so everything else i was able to figure out. thanks

      "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote: You have parts of a tomb stone inscription.

      Tu spociva = here rests (sleeps)
      Rodeny = family (there should be a name of the family)
      Zomerl = died

      It should look something like:

      TU SPOCIVA
      MILOVANI MANZEL
      A DRAHI OTCEC
      JAN PETRIK
      ZOM. 1922 JAN 1
      ZIL 44 ROKI

      Here rests
      the beloved husband
      and dear father
      Jan Petrik
      died January 1, 1922
      at 44 years of age

      There may be the word nar. or narozen(i) with a date
      e.g:

      NAR. 1877, MAR 15

      born March 15, 1877

      You're welcome.