Re: [Slovak-World] Aug. 29 is Slovak National Uprising Day.

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2007
      Colin,
      Thank you for the reminder of Slovak Uprising Day and the link to Wikopedia.
      I found it interesting that so many political factions claimed it for their
      own.
      Did the Slovak combatants think that they had a chance of winning? Or for
      that matter, in any uprising for freedom. I am always in awe and wonder what
      I would do in their place if it were another war another day. I would hope
      to have an ounce of their courage.
      This is a day for the celebration of the spirit of freedom for those Slovaks.
      Noreen