Russniak

  • Gergely
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2007
      I copied the following from the list of "races or peoples" on a ships manifest. The ship was the Aguitania sailing on Jan 1921, but the list was a typed standardized form. Thwere were many listed, but below are the peoples listed from the Central European area around Slovakia.

      From Affidavit of Surgeon" page of the manifest of the Aquitania, 20 Jan 1921

      LIST OF RACES OR PEOPLES

      "Race or people" is to be determined by the stock from which aliens sprang and the language they speak. The original stock or blood shall be the basis of the classification, the mother tongue to be used only to assist in determining the original stock.

      Ruthenian (Russniak)

      Bohemian

      Moravian

      Slovak