Useful Slovak Travel and Tourism Web Sites

  • modra101
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi All,

      The editor of a travel e-magazine called "Perceptive Travel" asked me
      to come up with a list of 10-15 useful travel and tourism websites for
      Slovakia, which he will post on their Web site. I'm working on
      composing my list and welcome any recommendations on sites that you
      have experience with that promote Slovak travel and tourism.

      The following is a list of sites I am including thus far:

      www.slovakiatourism.sk Official Web site of the Slovak Tourist Board
      www.lonelyplanet.com/dest/eur/slk.htm Travel information from Lonely
      Planet travel guide books. Includes maps.
      www.slovakia.org A general information guide to Slovakia
      www.slovensko.com General information Web site
      www.travelslovakia.sk A Slovak tour operator
      www.bratislava.sk/en Official website for the city of Bratislava
      www.castles.sk Provides basic information on all castles in Slovakia
      www.ssj.sk Information on Slovakia's caves
      www.ski.sk Ski resorts and slopes in Slovakia
      www.museum.sk Museums throughout Slovakia
      www.slovak-jewish-heritage.org A site on Jewish heritage and places of
      interest in Slovakia.
      www.menu.sk Restaurants throughout Slovakia
      www.slovakpub.sk Website of the Slovak Pub, a popular restaurant in
      Bratislava for traditional Slovak meals

      Thanks,

      Margarete Minar
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
        Here's a site that I have up in the "Travel and Tourism section of the Library of Congress portal page for Slovakia:

        Slovak Castles (http://www.castles.sk)
        Information about Slovak castles and fortresses: information about individual structures, photos, maps, articles, list of upcoming events, etc.

        >>> "modra101" <modra101@...> 08/01/07 3:22 PM >>>
        Hi All,

        The editor of a travel e-magazine called "Perceptive Travel" asked me
        to come up with a list of 10-15 useful travel and tourism websites for
        Slovakia, which he will post on their Web site. I'm working on
        composing my list and welcome any recommendations on sites that you
        have experience with that promote Slovak travel and tourism.

        The following is a list of sites I am including thus far:

        www.slovakiatourism.sk Official Web site of the Slovak Tourist Board
        www.lonelyplanet.com/dest/eur/slk.htm Travel information from Lonely
        Planet travel guide books. Includes maps.
        www.slovakia.org A general information guide to Slovakia
        www.slovensko.com General information Web site
        www.travelslovakia.sk A Slovak tour operator
        www.bratislava.sk/en Official website for the city of Bratislava
        www.castles.sk Provides basic information on all castles in Slovakia
        www.ssj.sk Information on Slovakia's caves
        www.ski.sk Ski resorts and slopes in Slovakia
        www.museum.sk Museums throughout Slovakia
        www.slovak-jewish-heritage.org A site on Jewish heritage and places of
        interest in Slovakia.
        www.menu.sk Restaurants throughout Slovakia
        www.slovakpub.sk Website of the Slovak Pub, a popular restaurant in
        Bratislava for traditional Slovak meals

        Thanks,

        Margarete Minar
      • amiak27
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
          http://www.holidayinfo.sk/gb-en/

          gives information on resorts and baths in Slovakia. I haven't
          explored the other pages.

          Ron

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "modra101" <modra101@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > The editor of a travel e-magazine called "Perceptive Travel" asked me
          > to come up with a list of 10-15 useful travel and tourism websites for
          > Slovakia, which he will post on their Web site. I'm working on
          > composing my list and welcome any recommendations on sites that you
          > have experience with that promote Slovak travel and tourism.
          >
          > The following is a list of sites I am including thus far:
          >
          > www.slovakiatourism.sk Official Web site of the Slovak Tourist Board
          > www.lonelyplanet.com/dest/eur/slk.htm Travel information from Lonely
          > Planet travel guide books. Includes maps.
          > www.slovakia.org A general information guide to Slovakia
          > www.slovensko.com General information Web site
          > www.travelslovakia.sk A Slovak tour operator
          > www.bratislava.sk/en Official website for the city of Bratislava
          > www.castles.sk Provides basic information on all castles in Slovakia
          > www.ssj.sk Information on Slovakia's caves
          > www.ski.sk Ski resorts and slopes in Slovakia
          > www.museum.sk Museums throughout Slovakia
          > www.slovak-jewish-heritage.org A site on Jewish heritage and places of
          > interest in Slovakia.
          > www.menu.sk Restaurants throughout Slovakia
          > www.slovakpub.sk Website of the Slovak Pub, a popular restaurant in
          > Bratislava for traditional Slovak meals
          >

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Margarete Minar

        • Paul Guzowski
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
            Greetings Margarete et al,
            Thanks for the list of useful sites. I would offer another that I have
            found very useful since moving to Bratislava 18 months ago. It is a
            guide published by the Slovak Spectator, an English language newspaper
            here. The electronic version of the guide is available here:
            http://www.spectacularslovakia.sk/

            Hope this is a useful addition.

            Best Regards,
            Paul in Bratislava