Re: [Slovak-World] one more thing...

  • Marianne Petruska
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 8:15 AM
      Though not re: midwives, when checking the 1869 Hungarian census records for
      villages, do NOT overlook those that are in predominantly RC, Jewish or
      Evangelical for them: In those for the villages surrounding that of my
      grandparents I found several households of mixed religions -- in a few of
      those some of my extended family were living with families who weren't Greek
      Catholic (in most cases as farm or domestic help).

      MARIANNE