Re: Visa rejection rate

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 27 5:09 PM
      > I have no idea if two traveling together would have
      > had a better chance of approval.

      My guess is that lower, Ron. The reasoning probably is the more
      members of one family are over here, the more likely they're to stay
      because they're together and won't miss each other that much.

      One of our MD graduates from India with a green card saw the visa for
      his 84-year-old mother denied a couple of years ago when he invited
      her and his sister for his graduation ceremony.

      > I am wondering what a citizen of the USA must do in order to qualify
      > for the "freedom" to invite relatives (or friends) to visit us

      Donate as much as possible to his/her winning Senator and
      Congressman's election campaign, then channel his relative's or
      friend's visa application through both of them the first time round.

      Martin

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
    • Martin Votruba
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 27 5:09 PM