Re: [Slovak-World] Geneology Question on the Scerbak Sokol family Ujak/Udol S...

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2007
      Hi Jennieanne,
      This below listed website may not have your specific answer but you will
      find much interesting information on Ujak/Udol and Passaic. By the way, the
      Scerbak family is listed as one of the families from Udol in this article.
      Joy Kovalycik did a great historical story. If you are able to get in touch
      with her, she may have your answer and be able to tell you why the church
      affiliation change in your family.
      _http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/villages/udol.htm_
      (http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/villages/udol.htm)
      Hope it helps you. Let us know what you find out.
      Noreen

      Hi all.

      Im a newbie here and i have some geneology questions.

      I am from the Scerbak Sokol family from Garfield NJ. I know that my
      great grandmother Yahanka (Johanna or Jennie) Sokol lived in Passaic
      NJ and my great grandfather John Scerbak is from there also, here is
      my
      question is there someone who can answer why this part of the family
      broke away from the Eastern Orthodox Church and joined the Greek
      Catholic orthodox Church ? I have asked everyone i can and i still
      cant get a straight answer. i hope that someone here will be able to
      help me out.

      Thanks in advance,
      Jennieanne Scerbak-Coulter