Ancient Slovak Wedding Traditions

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2007
      Many people claim the Bird Dance to be an ancient Eastern European wedding
      tradition.

      I got into a fight with my wife when she told me I was wrong about the Bird
      Dance being very recent.

      I'm sure in 1973 we were "early adopters" at our wedding.

      Fact is...

      Hank Haller did bring it to America early on after a Polka Fest in Europe.

      The song was written in the early 60's and met with fair success for 20
      years in Noth America.

      In the early 80's it took America by storm.

      Check out

      http://www.iarelative.com/wedding/chicken_dance.htm

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative