Re: [Slovak-World] roll call: Slovaks in London, Ontario?

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
      Thanks Chuck; did some browsing of the site, so far no easy
      answers--yet! It was interesting to find that there is a Slovak
      Byzantine rite church in the diocese, but it's in Windsor, not
      London, and my family isn't Byzantine rite.

      Julie Michutka

      At 03:28 PM 6/2/2007, you wrote:
      >Julie - Interesting you should ask. I had at one time noted a
      >reference for Slovaks in Ontario, and found the Ontario Dioceses -
      >Slovak Eparchy, Unionville, Ontario. However, the site didn't have
      >what I was looking for. Here's the reference I had, maybe it will
      >be a help, maybe not. It is www.occb.on.ca/english/slovak.html. Good
      >luck! Chuck Vrshek, Marietta, Georgia
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
        Julie:

        Try this link . . .

        http://www.rcec.london.on.ca/directry2.htm

        Looks as if the Slovak parish was in Windsor; however,
        there was a Hungarian parish in London -- Windsor and
        London are not too terribly far apart.

        I Googled "London Ontario Catholic Slovak" and got
        lots of hits.

        Caye

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail