100th member

  • Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@optonline.net>
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
      ...and here we are, with bated breath, awaiting our 100th member.
    • Jan Lan
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
        At 05:21 PM 1/31/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >...and here we are, with bated breath, awaiting our 100th member.

        Ah, but how can you be certain who number 100 is? Some may be signed up
        under more than one name and address. In any case, as we used to say in
        the old "hood", "Dats aboud a terd of da old crew."

        Janko

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Bill Tarkulich
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
          The comparison of SW/Yahoo with SW/FRIS must be made with the
          understanding that only "active" members, that is, those who really read
          the messages will migrate. Some people belong to lists and just toss
          the messages. So we will be left with the most engaged, most interested
          folk.

          Welcome one and all. Glad to be on board!
          Dovi!
          Bill Tarkulich

          >...and here we are, with bated breath, awaiting our 100th member.

          Ah, but how can you be certain who number 100 is? Some may be signed up

          under more than one name and address. In any case, as we used to say in

          the old "hood", "Dats aboud a terd of da old crew."

          Janko

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Paul J. Wolsko
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
            That's true - it serves as an effective cleanup in many ways. But, never
            fear, the screwballs will make their presence known from time to time.
            Won't seem the same without Vlad Linder, however, and he appears not to have
            jumped aboard.

            Paul

            > The comparison of SW/Yahoo with SW/FRIS must be made with the
            > understanding that only "active" members, that is, those who really read
            > the messages will migrate. Some people belong to lists and just toss
            > the messages. So we will be left with the most engaged, most interested
            > folk.
            >
            > Welcome one and all. Glad to be on board!
            > Dovi!
            > Bill Tarkulich

          • capt jack
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
              Geee, hope Im not listed as a screwball!?

              JIm

            • Bill Tarkulich
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
                A discussion group is just like the workplace. If there isn't an idiot
                there when you join, eventually one will show up :)

                That's true - it serves as an effective cleanup in many ways. But,
                never fear, the screwballs will make their presence known from time to
                time. Won't seem the same without Vlad Linder, however, and he appears
                not to have jumped aboard.

                Paul

                > The comparison of SW/Yahoo with SW/FRIS must be made with the
                > understanding that only "active" members, that is, those who really
                > read the messages will migrate. Some people belong to lists and just
                > toss the messages. So we will be left with the most engaged, most
                > interested folk.
                >
                > Welcome one and all. Glad to be on board!
                > Dovi!
                > Bill Tarkulich

              • Alice7
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 31, 2003
                  YAHOO!
                  That's true - it serves as an effective cleanup in many ways. But, never
                  fear, the screwballs will make their presence known from time to time.
                  Won't seem the same without Vlad Linder, however, and he appears not to have
                  jumped aboard.

                  Paul

                  > The comparison of SW/Yahoo with SW/FRIS must be made with the
                  > understanding that only "active" members, that is, those who really read
                  > the messages will migrate. Some people belong to lists and just toss
                  > the messages. So we will be left with the most engaged, most interested
                  > folk.
                  >
                  > Welcome one and all. Glad to be on board!
                  > Dovi!
                  > Bill Tarkulich

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • thewisepro <jimcarl@theoldpro.net>
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
                    Ahoj Slovaci,

                    Trying to subscribe --
                    Does anyone see this?

                    S Bohom

                    aka

                    thewisepro aka jimcarl@theoldpro

                    > That's true - it serves as an effective cleanup in many ways.
                    But, never
                    > fear, the screwballs will make their presence known from time to
                    time.
                    > Won't seem the same without Vlad Linder, however, and he appears
                    not to have
                    > jumped aboard.
                    >
                    > Paul
                    >

                    > > The comparison of SW/Yahoo with SW/FRIS must be made with the
                    > > understanding that only "active" members, that is, those who
                    really read
                    > > the messages will migrate. Some people belong to lists and
                    just toss
                    > > the messages. So we will be left with the most engaged, most
                    interested
                    > > folk.
                    > >
                    > > Welcome one and all. Glad to be on board!
                    > > Dovi!
                    > > Bill Tarkulich

                    Service.

                  • Ylbrd@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
                      In a message dated 02/01/2003 12:29:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                      jimcarl@... writes:

                      > Ahoj Slovaci,
                      >
                      > Trying to subscribe --
                      > Does anyone see this?
                      >
                      > S Bohom
                      >
                      > aka

                      Ahoj!!
                      Loud & Clear
                      Cathy

                    • thewisepro <jimcarl@theoldpro.net>
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
                        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Ylbrd@a... wrote:
                        > In a message dated 02/01/2003 12:29:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                        > jimcarl@t... writes:
                        >

                        > > Ahoj Slovaci,
                        > >
                        > > Trying to subscribe --
                        > > Does anyone see this?
                        > >
                        > > S Bohom
                        > >
                        > > aka
                        > >
                        > Ahoj!!
                        > Loud & Clear
                        > Cathy

                        Hello Cathy,

                        Your reply struck a chord with me. Very interesting. If memory
                        serves me correctly, when I first subscribed to S-W almost two years
                        ago, you and your recipes were
                        the first contact that (I had) with the S-W folks. And now, your
                        email was the first email I saw after posting my own. What a
                        coincidence?

                        I think it's about time to think about a reunion or/for S-W. I
                        attended this past Sept. my 50th elementary school reunion in
                        Chicago (and also saw C Cas... a few times). The reunion was a
                        delight? To see school chums from 50 years ago.

                        Anyone have any ideas for a S-W Reunion? I think it would be kind
                        of interesting and a heckuva lot of fun.

                        Post your thoughts,

                        thewisepro

                        aka jimcarl@...
                      • capt jack
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
                          I see you Jim, welcome aboard.

                          Jim

                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
                            In a message dated 02/01/2003 12:44:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                            jimcarl@... writes:

                            > Hello Cathy,
                            >
                            > Your reply struck a chord with me. Very interesting. If memory
                            > serves me correctly, when I first subscribed to S-W almost two years
                            > ago, you and your recipes were
                            > the first contact that (I had) with the S-W folks. And now, your
                            > email was the first email I saw after posting my own. What a
                            > coincidence?

                            Jim,
                            Yes I remember that!! Boy, time is like roll of toilet paper..the closer it
                            gets to the end , the faster is goes.......
                            Reunion?
                            How about a reunion at Disney World?? We also have Slovak Gardens here in
                            Orlando. Orlando is pretty easy for everyone to get to.
                            Just my two cents
                            Cathy

                          • Jan Lan
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
                              At 05:28 PM 2/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                              >Ahoj Slovaci,
                              >
                              >Trying to subscribe --
                              >Does anyone see this?
                              >
                              >S Bohom

                              No. ;-)

                              Janko

                              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                            • Jim M
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 1, 2003
                                loud and clear. welcome.

                                > That's true - it serves as an effective cleanup in many ways.
                                But, never
                                > fear, the screwballs will make their presence known from time to
                                time.
                                > Won't seem the same without Vlad Linder, however, and he appears
                                not to have
                                > jumped aboard.
                                >
                                > Paul
                                >

                                > > The comparison of SW/Yahoo with SW/FRIS must be made with the
                                > > understanding that only "active" members, that is, those who
                                really read
                                > > the messages will migrate. Some people belong to lists and
                                just toss
                                > > the messages. So we will be left with the most engaged, most
                                interested
                                > > folk.
                                > >
                                > > Welcome one and all. Glad to be on board!
                                > > Dovi!
                                > > Bill Tarkulich

                                Service.

                                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .