Re: [Slovak-World] Re: In case you didn't get this directly

  • Anabeth Dollins
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2007
      Someone on the Brezova group wrote:
      "my ancestor began an undertaker business in Chicago.
      I have a photo of his business, the window sign on the left reads
      UNDERTAKER and on the right reads POGROBNIK."

      Can anybody help with that word -- pogrobnik? The ancestor was Slovak, but
      that G in the word doesn't read Slovak to me.

      Thanks --

      Anabeth