Re: An article about cell phones in Europe

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2007
      Ahh, just to complicate things for everyone, I will pass on my story.
      In Germany last December I bought a cell phone with SIM card from
      German T Com. A friend was going to loan me his old phone & our
      intention was for me to buy my own SIM card - but Telkom offered a
      phone deal with card for very little more money. I paid Euro 30 or 35
      for the phone & about Euro 25 of calling.

      The phone worked in Germany, Czech & Slovak Republics, and when on the
      Poprad River my connection was through Telecom Poland. Of course
      calling from country to country cost extra, just as we have our
      roaming charges, but it is a lot simpler than figuring out phone
      systems in each country and you do have one phone number for contact.
      Now I have my US cell phone and one for Europe...

      So while the article suggests buying before you go, check out what it
      will cost overseas. If you will spend most of your time in Slovakia
      then buy in Slovakia - and check the coverage areas. Orange seemed to
      have great coverage, but with all of the mountains in the country,
      100% coverage is impossible.

      Thanks for bringing up a good topic, Victoria

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Victoria Hospodar Valentine"