Re: Settlement of Slovaks in North America.

  • vchromoho
    Message 1 of 8 , May 8 11:52 AM
      There are several Carpatho-Rusyn colonies in Colorado that have been
      erroneously described in various literature as Slovak. (That is,
      regardless of what the immigrants and their descendants ended up
      calling themselves in the U.S., they came from ethnographically Rusyn
      villages in eastern Slovakia.)

      Whether there were Slovaks among them in these places I don't know.

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Votruba" <votrubam@...>
      wrote:

      > > There's also a Slovak community in Colorado (Denver, I think),
      > > no doubt there because of the mining.
      >
      > That's an interesting instance of Slovak immigrant history, Helen.
      It