Re: [Slovak-World] Easter

  • BURKJE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 5, 2007
      Vlad,
      You asked if anyone had any other Easter greeting. Let me tell you the
      greetings I grew up with .
      First a little history of the people who were in my church in Perth
      Amboy, NJ. The parish was formally organized in 1897 . The earliest parishoners
      were immigrants from the Carpathian mountain region of Eastern Slovakia and
      early services were held in Church Slavonic. Ukranians, Russians , Serbians and
      Hungarians all worshipped at St. Johns until they could organize their own
      churches .
      My great grandparents roots are from Jakubany.

      This is the Easter Greeting I grew up with:
      Christos Voskrese................Christ is Risen ! (Greeting)

      Voinstinnu Voskerese..........Indeed He Is Risen! (Response)

      Happy Easter to All,
      Elaine Nemeth
      Burkard

      Family tree names(Hrebik, Duffala, Bondra )

    • danielkishaprofile
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 7, 2007
        Slovak World Family

        I too would like to wish every one of you and yours a Very Happy Easter

        Dan Kisha
      • Vlad Nad
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 10, 2007
          Thanks Dr. Q for your help with the Easter greeting, sorry for the time lag in thanking you and others who helped.

          Vlad

          "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote: Veselu' vel'ku' noc - Happy Easter

          Vesele' vel'konoc^ne' sviatky - Happy and blessed
          Easter

          Poz^ehnane vel'konoc^ne' sviatky praje - something
          like "greetings and best wishes for a happy and
          blessed Easter"

          Dr. "Q"

          --- Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:

          > Ahoj all,
          >
          > Does anyone have any Slovak easter greetings?
          > Thanks for yor help.
          >

          > Vlad

          Be a PS3 game guru.

        • Dr. Joe Q
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 10, 2007
            You are welcome. No apology necessary, it has been a
            busy time.

            Take care.

            Dr. "Q"

            --- Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Dr. Q for your help with the Easter greeting,
            > sorry for the time lag in thanking you and others
            > who helped.
            >
            > Vlad
            >
            > "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote:
            > Veselu' vel'ku' noc - Happy
            > Easter
            >
            > Vesele' vel'konoc^ne' sviatky - Happy and blessed
            > Easter
            >
            > Poz^ehnane vel'konoc^ne' sviatky praje - something
            > like "greetings and best wishes for a happy and
            > blessed Easter"
            >
            > Dr. "Q"
            >
            > --- Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Ahoj all,
            > >
            > > Does anyone have any Slovak easter greetings?
            > > Thanks for yor help.
            > >

            > > Vlad

            TV dinner still cooling?
            http://tv.yahoo.com/
          • Vlad Nad
            Message 5 of 21 , May 24, 2007
              Dear List members,

              "our grandfather died just one hour ago at the age of 87."

              I just received the above short email from Slovakia, In addition to an English reply, I wish to include a short condolence in Slovak. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

              Vlad

            • Vlad Nad
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 15, 2007
                Oh well, near as I can tell, no one responded.

                Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote: Dear List members,

                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 15, 2007
                  If I had gotten this earlier I would have replied
                  sooner.

                  But I speak no Slovak.

                  --- Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:

                  > Oh well, near as I can tell, no one responded.
                  >
                  > Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:
                  > Dear List members,
                  >
                  > "our grandfather died just one hour ago at the age
                  > of 87."
                  >
                  > I just received the above short email from
                  > Slovakia, In addition to an English reply, I wish to
                  > include a short condolence in Slovak. Any help is
                  > appreciated, thank you.
                  >
                  > Vlad

                  > removed]

                  > removed]

                • haluska
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                    Happy Easter Everyone!
                    Dennis
                  • John J. Nadzam
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                      Ditto!!!!!

                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                        Dennis and all,
                        A Happy and Blessed Easter to everyone.
                        Reen

                      • Cmurraycamphill@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                          Same Here. Happy Easter

                          In a message dated 4/4/2010 8:43:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                          jjrail@... writes:

                          Ditto!!!!!

                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                            Alleluia, the Lord Has Risen!