Re: [Slovak-World] Spring Slovakia magazine

  • Debra Strezenec
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 4, 2007
      Helene:

      Can't wait! Check is already in the mail! Have a great holiday!

      Debra Strezenec

      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 5, 2007
        Vlad,
        You asked if anyone had any other Easter greeting. Let me tell you the
        greetings I grew up with .
        First a little history of the people who were in my church in Perth
        Amboy, NJ. The parish was formally organized in 1897 . The earliest parishoners
        were immigrants from the Carpathian mountain region of Eastern Slovakia and
        early services were held in Church Slavonic. Ukranians, Russians , Serbians and
        Hungarians all worshipped at St. Johns until they could organize their own
        churches .
        My great grandparents roots are from Jakubany.

        This is the Easter Greeting I grew up with:
        Christos Voskrese................Christ is Risen ! (Greeting)

        Voinstinnu Voskerese..........Indeed He Is Risen! (Response)

        Happy Easter to All,
        Elaine Nemeth
        Burkard

        Family tree names(Hrebik, Duffala, Bondra )

      • danielkishaprofile
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 7, 2007
          Slovak World Family

          I too would like to wish every one of you and yours a Very Happy Easter

          Dan Kisha
        • Vlad Nad
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 10, 2007
            Thanks Dr. Q for your help with the Easter greeting, sorry for the time lag in thanking you and others who helped.

            Vlad

            "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote: Veselu' vel'ku' noc - Happy Easter

            Vesele' vel'konoc^ne' sviatky - Happy and blessed
            Easter

            Poz^ehnane vel'konoc^ne' sviatky praje - something
            like "greetings and best wishes for a happy and
            blessed Easter"

            Dr. "Q"

            --- Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:

            > Ahoj all,
            >
            > Does anyone have any Slovak easter greetings?
            > Thanks for yor help.
            >

            > Vlad

            Be a PS3 game guru.

          • Dr. Joe Q
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 10, 2007
              You are welcome. No apology necessary, it has been a
              busy time.

              Take care.

              Dr. "Q"

              --- Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Dr. Q for your help with the Easter greeting,
              > sorry for the time lag in thanking you and others
              > who helped.
              >
              > Vlad
              >
              > "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote:
              > Veselu' vel'ku' noc - Happy
              > Easter
              >
              > Vesele' vel'konoc^ne' sviatky - Happy and blessed
              > Easter
              >
              > Poz^ehnane vel'konoc^ne' sviatky praje - something
              > like "greetings and best wishes for a happy and
              > blessed Easter"
              >
              > Dr. "Q"
              >
              > --- Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Ahoj all,
              > >
              > > Does anyone have any Slovak easter greetings?
              > > Thanks for yor help.
              > >

              > > Vlad

              TV dinner still cooling?
              http://tv.yahoo.com/
            • Vlad Nad
              Message 6 of 21 , May 24 9:40 AM
                Dear List members,

                "our grandfather died just one hour ago at the age of 87."

                I just received the above short email from Slovakia, In addition to an English reply, I wish to include a short condolence in Slovak. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

                Vlad

              • Vlad Nad
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 15, 2007
                  Oh well, near as I can tell, no one responded.

                  Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote: Dear List members,

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 15, 2007
                    If I had gotten this earlier I would have replied
                    sooner.

                    But I speak no Slovak.

                    --- Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:

                    > Oh well, near as I can tell, no one responded.
                    >
                    > Vlad Nad <vladnadd@...> wrote:
                    > Dear List members,
                    >
                    > "our grandfather died just one hour ago at the age
                    > of 87."
                    >
                    > I just received the above short email from
                    > Slovakia, In addition to an English reply, I wish to
                    > include a short condolence in Slovak. Any help is
                    > appreciated, thank you.
                    >
                    > Vlad

                    > removed]

                    > removed]

                  • haluska
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                      Happy Easter Everyone!
                      Dennis
                    • John J. Nadzam
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                        Ditto!!!!!

                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                          Dennis and all,
                          A Happy and Blessed Easter to everyone.
                          Reen

                        • Cmurraycamphill@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                            Same Here. Happy Easter

                            In a message dated 4/4/2010 8:43:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                            jjrail@... writes:

                            Ditto!!!!!

                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 4, 2010
                              Alleluia, the Lord Has Risen!