Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Skype

  • David
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 3, 2007
      Hi: Some records are kept, which ones where distroyed is another
      matter. Sad as it is, most records in time are lost or
      distroyed.There were a lot of different mine companies not connected
      with each another.
      Dave

    • danielkishaprofile
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 7, 2007
        Have been using Skype for about a year now and think it is really great
        for talking and viewing to Slovakia, plus transfering pictures, files,
        etc. So far it has not cost me a cent except for the microphone and
        headset, which I had already, plus the small camera. My experience is
        that Europeans use it a lot more than Americans do, but I could be
        wrong. Probably because most people in the US have unlimited calling,
        like I do, where in Slovakia they pay for every call and the minutes of
        the call.
      • Lil Junas
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 11, 2007
          Zuzka:
          I trashed all the S-W messages about Skype cuz I wasn't interested at
          the time. Then today I heard from my friend in Slovakia. She said she
          got Skype and talks to her son in the Czech Republic. She aked why I
          don't get it so we can talk. But I'm not into gadgetry. I have a new
          flat screen iMAC which has a tiny "camera" on top of the monitor. A
          person with a similar setup could see and talk to each other through
          this. I wonder if this can be ted into Skype? Just wondering how the
          mike and camera fit onto the screen? Why can't the volume on your
          computer act as the sound?
          Lil

          On 4/1/07, durisek <durisek@...> wrote:
          > Hi all...
          > I've just signed on to skype.com, which is a free service for e-mail where you can see and talk to anyone with a e-mail address and a skype ID. It is great for getting together with relatives and friends from Europe.... many Slovaks use it. You do need a clip-on camera/mike or something similar that fits on top of your screen... I got mine at Best Buys for $40, and it just plugs in. It was so exciting to see people from abroad talking to me.
          > If you have a skype ID, share it with me and I'll talk with you, too! I am cootiebuggie.
          > Smiles... Zuzka D.

          "To be nobdy but myself."
        • Lil Junas
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 11, 2007

            --
            "To be nobdy but myself."
          • durisek
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 12, 2007
              Hi Lil...
              I am a techno-dolt, so not the best person to give advice, but I think you are right.... the camera already in the computer should work, and I assume it also has a microphone receiver (because you not only need something that will speak to you, but something that picks up your voice, too). I had to get a clip-on because my screen doesn't have a camera built-in. Then, you need to subscribe to skype, and follow the instructions there to get going. You'll need your friend's skype ID to send her a message that you are using Skype.
              Maybe some of the other SW folks who know what they're doing will offer some advice, too.
              Good luck! Zuzka

            • Dr. Joe Q
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 12, 2007
                http://www.skype.com/download/skype/macosx/

                http://share.skype.com/sites/mac/

                Hope it works for you. If you leave your computer on
                all the time you should disconnect from the internet
                or Skype will turn your system into a node. A
                firewall can prevent that, but you do have to be a bit
                techy to make that work selectively.

                Dr. "Q"

                Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.