Slavic Spring Festival

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 13, 2007
      George Washington University, with the assistance of the embassies of
      Belarus, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Slovakia,
      Slovenia, and Ukraine, as well as Georgetown University and American
      University, will hold a *Slavic Spring Festival* on Saturday, March 31,
      from 12:00noon to 7:00pm, in the University Yard of the George
      Washington University, at 21st and H St NW, Washington, DC.

      The festival is being held to show the broader public the beauty and
      the variety of Slavic cultures, and to bring together performers of
      traditional Slavic song and dance. Representatives of various
      international governments and public organizations have been invited, as
      well as members of the different ethnic communities and the students of
      Washington.

      The Festival will also feature a fair with stands and free traditional
      food from the participating cultures. Special festivities will be
      organized for children, including theatrical performances, traditional
      Slavic games, as well as workshops in various Slavic traditional
      crafts.

      Organizers:
      George Washington University
      The Slavic Cultural Festival Committee
      The Russian Bazaar
      Klub Polonia
      Embassies of the involved countries
    • cvargacvarga
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 26, 2007
        Hi friends,
        the first big Slavic Spring Festival
        (13 Slavic countries participating through their embassies!)
        is this Saturday 3-31-2007 at George Washington University,
        free food, free admission,
        12.00 noon to 6:00 P.M.
        address:
        University Yard at George Washington University, 21st & H st. NW,
        Washington, D.C.
        see the attached poster, and the link bellow, for more information:
        http://scfcusa.org/
        I will not be playing fujara as a part of the program, which had to be
        reworked to include performing groups of additional countries involved,
        which include:

        Barynya (Russian Dance Group)
        Janoshik/Monique Legare International Dance Company (Polish/Ukrainian
        dance group)
        Veselica (Slovak dancing group)
        Alye Parusa (Russian Kindergarten)
        Zmiter Autuhovich (Belarusian folk artist)
        Balcanics (Musicians - southern Slavic songs)
        Meri (Ukrainian band)
        Ruslana Lyzhychko (Ukrainian singer, Winner of Eurovision 2004)

        I will be at the festival attending the Czech / Slovak representative
        table, so maybe see you there?!?
        Bob Rychlik
        P.S. The Czech / Slovak committee member Denisa Dockalova is still
        seeking volunteers to help, if interested, please contact Denisa at:
        [mailto:dockal@...]
      • Marcel Lorincz
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 27, 2007
          Dakujem za info!
          Marcel

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "cvargacvarga" <colinvv@...>

        • fduttry@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 28, 2007
            Hi
            Would any one have the recipe for PIEROGI PIZZA ?

            Fred & Pauline
          • fduttry@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 28, 2007
              Hi
              Would any one have the recipe for PIEROGI PIZZA ?

              Fred & Pauline
            • Sinbad Schwartz
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 28, 2007
                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, fduttry@... wrote:

                > Hi
                > Would any one have the recipe for PIEROGI PIZZA ?
                >
                > Fred & Pauline

                Fred,

                Do a Google search on "pierogi pizza" and take your pick.

                RU
              • Sinbad Schwartz
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 28, 2007

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 28, 2007