RE: [Slovak-World] question

  • Paul Paulochik
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 8, 2007
      To answer the original question, they are different.

      Magyar = Hungarians, Roma = Gypsies

      Both are words in their own languages, how they refer to themselves, not
      the "English translation".

      From: Paul J. Wolsko <pwolsko@optonline.
      <mailto:pwolsko%40optonline.net> net>
      Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:58:11
      To:Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      Doesn't Magyar mean Hungary in Hungarian?
      Sent via BlackBerry

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 8, 2007
        thanks for the reponses to my question about gypsies and magyar.

        In my senior moment, I confused Roma with Magyars. My apologies if I
        offended anyone.

        Jim M.