RE: [Slovak-World] Moving to Slovakia

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 1, 2007
      Excellent, let us know all about that, sounds like
      quite an adventure!

      By the way, in complete contrast to this posting, I
      will be entertaining one of my cousins this summer --
      she's a college student in Kosice and will be arriving
      mid-June (to Chicago/south area, I live in Evergreen
      Park) -- if anyone could use a house cleaner, yard
      worker, baby sitter or help with elder care, or would
      be otherwise willing to give her a job (her English
      isn't yet great, but she's working on that) I'd be
      interested in hearing from you directly at
      ccaswick@....

      Caye

      --- Claudia Medvik <cmmedvik@...> wrote:

      > Sounds wonderful, Geraint. Be sure to keep
      > a journal of all your experiences!
      >
      > Claudia
      >

      > >From: "Geraint" <gonadszzz@...>
      > >To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [Slovak-World] Moving to Slovakia
      > >Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:25:14 -0000
      > >
      > >Hi,
      > >Having fell in Love with Slovakia I have bought a
      > small cottage near
      > >Lucenec, and hope to move over permanently from my
      > current home in
      > >Holland.
      > >
      > >I would love to make some new friends, and maybe
      > practice my Slovak, I
      > >also have some renovation work to do, and might
      > need to ask advice on
      > >where to find things for DIY etc near Lucenec.
      > >
      > >Take care
      > >
      > >Gerry

      8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
    • Martin Votruba
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 16, 2008
        > I'm referring to the early 90's.

        I completely agree with Paul. A) The Tuzex stores lost their status
        as foreign goods sellers for Western currency with the collapse of
        communism in 1989. B) What use is it to provide experiences from who
        knows when:

        > "what ever you do don't deal on the black market"

        ... phrased as advice for tourists in the 21st century.

        Martin

        votruba "t" pitt "dot" edu