Re: Oops, no attachment!

  • cvargacvarga
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 25, 2007
      Don't be so sure about your grandparents coming here legally. My grandfather may have
      been running from the law. I think officials probably weren't concerned at that time, but
      his immigration probably would have been illegal. He certainly was running from the
      army.

      Sometimes I do some genealogical research and I find things like while somebody's
      grandparents might have gone to Catholic Mass every Sunday they were actually married
      by a Presbyterian Minister. Or another case of somebody's grandparents attended a
      certian Catholic church for their whole lives but there is no record of their marriage at that
      church.

      I also know of two cases of bigamy regarding immigrants.

      When you start digging you might find things aren't so clear cut.

      Colin