Fw: [Slovak-World] Re: Punxsutawney Phil

  • George Sirko
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2007
      Bill,
      what did Phil predict for the winter of 1978 & 79? I lived in Big Run that winter. That was a bad one.
      George

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2007
        George,
        Just got back from a trip and saw your question. On Feb 2, 1979
        Phil saw his shadow at 7:28AM, accurately predicting 6 more weeks of
        winter. In 1978 the PAHS Groundhog King and Queen were Paul Meko and
        Leslie Bozic. Sounds like a couple of young folks of Slovak ancestry.
        Woman of the Year was Mr. Merwin (Dorothy) Wood, one of my high school
        teachers and Man of the Year was Charlie Earhard Jr., of the radio
        station.
        And I apologize to the rest of the list for violating my own rule of
        getting off topic!
        Regards,
        Bill

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, George Sirko <gsirko@...> wrote:

        > Bill,
        > what did Phil predict for the winter of 1978 & 79? I lived in Big
        Run that winter. That was a bad one.
        > George

      • Fred G Kovalyak
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2007
          The name Meko is Slovak, my Cousin Helen Shenosky (also Sovak) married Mike
          Meko,believe he is a Cantor in the Punxy Greek Catholic Byzantine Church.
          I was born in Sykesville and my Dad,Aunts,Uncles and Cousins are in Punxy
          cemetery's.
          Never had the Pleasure of attending Groundhog day.
          Fred G Kovalyak
          Columbia,MD

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265