North American Slovak of the year

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
      A crazy idea.

      Every year we elect Slovak of the Year.

      I think 30 memebers of Slovak-World are in the running.

      I already know several members have spent thousands of dollars in time and
      effort and got little in return.

      Let's make this an annual event.

      Please submitt your nomimations.

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative
    • Ed Klenovich
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
        North American Slovak of the year

        A crazy idea.

        Every year we elect Slovak of the Year.

        Please submitt your nomimations.

        At least three names stand out immediately;

        Bill Tarkulich

        Helen Cincebeau (SP)

        Greg Kopchak
        and if it wasn't only for North America, Vladimir Bohinc.

      • memzommi1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
          I would like to nominate my uncle, Andrew Sabanosh, Garfield, New Jersey for
          Slovak of the year. He is in his 90's and taking care of his wife. He was
          the backbone of his church. He was and is one of the most wonderful, caring,
          solid citizens I have ever known and an inspiration to all. His three sons
          are examples also of goodness. Please take notice of this outstanding
          individual. Marianne, Ridgewood, NJ

        • konekta@nm.psg.sk
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
            I appreciate this suggestion, but it would not be fair. I am not a native
            Slovak but Slovenian.
            Since I originate from a nation which is even smaller than slovak I have
            empathy for Slovaks and their cause.
            We share lots of things. We probably were the same tribe. Lots of
            commonality in language ( especially ancient terms), place or geographical
            names, surnames and more.
            And we never ruled over anyone else.
            Vladimir Bohinc

            _____