Re: Slovak-World List

  • Sinbad Schwartz
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "ssultonia" <ssultonia@...> wrote:

      > I hate being a spoil sport but when I look at the Description for
      this
      > list at the top of the page that says "Heritage and Culture of
      > Slovakia" I have to ask myself what an MP3 version of Taps ....

      Below the MP3 file are the words "Všetko je tichý" which may or may not
      be grammatically correct. The lack of activity on the list gave me the
      opportunity to practice my American/Rusyn/Slovak heritage by trying to
      make a comment in Slovak.

      Taps to me meant (55 years ago) lights out and reduce the sound level
      of conversations or stop conversing. "Všetko je tichý", if I was
      correct in translating, is "All is quiet." in Slovak.

      By the way, what is the Slovak equivalent to Taps?

      RU