Re: Slovak-World List

  • ssultonia
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Dave,
      You answered as a gentleman. Much appreciated. We all make
      mistreaks! Best regards.
      Bill

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, David <humblebe@...> wrote:

      > Yes, you and me both. It happened because I sent it to Slovak World
      > instead of a mining group I belong to. I did have a recent article
      > about Yugoslavia coal mines, but figured this wasn't Slovak enough
      > news. So be it! It was a harmless mistake and I was going to reply...
      > OOPS, I goofed again, but thought, what the hell, just maybe someone
      > might enjoy reading it.
      > Sorry about any inconvenience that I might have caused.
      > Dave
      >

      > At 02:37 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:
      >
      > >I hate being a spoil sport but when I look at the Description for this
      > >list at the top of the page that says "Heritage and Culture of
      > >Slovakia" I have to ask myself what an MP3 version of Taps and mines in
      > >Wales have to do with the purpose of the list. I've enjoyed the list so
      > >far but it is getting way off course lately. Yeah - I know, it's like
      > >a TV, if you don't like the program you can turn it off. Perhaps I
      > >might.
      > >Bill

    • Sinbad Schwartz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "ssultonia" <ssultonia@...> wrote:

        > I hate being a spoil sport but when I look at the Description for
        this
        > list at the top of the page that says "Heritage and Culture of
        > Slovakia" I have to ask myself what an MP3 version of Taps ....

        Below the MP3 file are the words "Všetko je tichý" which may or may not
        be grammatically correct. The lack of activity on the list gave me the
        opportunity to practice my American/Rusyn/Slovak heritage by trying to
        make a comment in Slovak.

        Taps to me meant (55 years ago) lights out and reduce the sound level
        of conversations or stop conversing. "Všetko je tichý", if I was
        correct in translating, is "All is quiet." in Slovak.

        By the way, what is the Slovak equivalent to Taps?

        RU