Slovak-World List

  • ssultonia
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      I hate being a spoil sport but when I look at the Description for this
      list at the top of the page that says "Heritage and Culture of
      Slovakia" I have to ask myself what an MP3 version of Taps and mines in
      Wales have to do with the purpose of the list. I've enjoyed the list so
      far but it is getting way off course lately. Yeah - I know, it's like
      a TV, if you don't like the program you can turn it off. Perhaps I
      might.
      Bill
    • David
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        Yes, you and me both. It happened because I sent it to Slovak World
        instead of a mining group I belong to. I did have a recent article
        about Yugoslavia coal mines, but figured this wasn't Slovak enough
        news. So be it! It was a harmless mistake and I was going to reply...
        OOPS, I goofed again, but thought, what the hell, just maybe someone
        might enjoy reading it.
        Sorry about any inconvenience that I might have caused.
        Dave

        At 02:37 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:

        >I hate being a spoil sport but when I look at the Description for this
        >list at the top of the page that says "Heritage and Culture of
        >Slovakia" I have to ask myself what an MP3 version of Taps and mines in
        >Wales have to do with the purpose of the list. I've enjoyed the list so
        >far but it is getting way off course lately. Yeah - I know, it's like
        >a TV, if you don't like the program you can turn it off. Perhaps I
        >might.
        >Bill

      • ssultonia
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
          Dave,
          You answered as a gentleman. Much appreciated. We all make
          mistreaks! Best regards.
          Bill

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, David <humblebe@...> wrote:

          > Yes, you and me both. It happened because I sent it to Slovak World
          > instead of a mining group I belong to. I did have a recent article
          > about Yugoslavia coal mines, but figured this wasn't Slovak enough
          > news. So be it! It was a harmless mistake and I was going to reply...
          > OOPS, I goofed again, but thought, what the hell, just maybe someone
          > might enjoy reading it.
          > Sorry about any inconvenience that I might have caused.
          > Dave
          >

          > At 02:37 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:
          >
          > >I hate being a spoil sport but when I look at the Description for this
          > >list at the top of the page that says "Heritage and Culture of
          > >Slovakia" I have to ask myself what an MP3 version of Taps and mines in
          > >Wales have to do with the purpose of the list. I've enjoyed the list so
          > >far but it is getting way off course lately. Yeah - I know, it's like
          > >a TV, if you don't like the program you can turn it off. Perhaps I
          > >might.
          > >Bill

        • Sinbad Schwartz
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "ssultonia" <ssultonia@...> wrote:

            > I hate being a spoil sport but when I look at the Description for
            this
            > list at the top of the page that says "Heritage and Culture of
            > Slovakia" I have to ask myself what an MP3 version of Taps ....

            Below the MP3 file are the words "Všetko je tichý" which may or may not
            be grammatically correct. The lack of activity on the list gave me the
            opportunity to practice my American/Rusyn/Slovak heritage by trying to
            make a comment in Slovak.

            Taps to me meant (55 years ago) lights out and reduce the sound level
            of conversations or stop conversing. "Všetko je tichý", if I was
            correct in translating, is "All is quiet." in Slovak.

            By the way, what is the Slovak equivalent to Taps?

            RU