RE: [Slovak-World] Re: March 24th CSAGSI Genealogy Workshop

  • Plichta
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      "Nearby"????

      Your definition of "nearby" must be different than mine.

      Ohio is certainly more "nearby" Illinois than Virginia is.

      "Nearby" is relative.

      Enjoy our language.

      Frank R. Plichta

      Galax, Virginia

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        Yes, Ohio is closer to Illinois than Virginia is, that's a
        definite. I suppose my husband & I could make it a weekend trip;
        however, I know for a fact he would never go for it, not for a
        geneology workshop. If it was being given somewhere where we could
        just spend the day, then that would be different.
        Anyway, it sounds really interesting. I wouldn't mind finding a
        good Slovak festival somewhere. I suppose we'd drive a little
        farther for that.
        Ginger Meadows

        World@yahoogroups.com] On
        > Behalf Of sportster_76_1999
        > Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:36 PM
        > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: March 24th CSAGSI Genealogy Workshop
        >

        > Oh how I wish I could go! It would be great if something like this
        > was being held in OH or nearby.
        >
        > --- In Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
        > yahoogroups.com, "SRK" <srkrizan@> wrote:
        > >
        > > GENEALOGY WORKSHOP
        > >
        > > DECIPHERING and SIFTING THRU YOUR ANCESTORS' STORY
        > >
        > > Czech and Slovak American Genealogy Society of Illinois
        > >
        > > First Presbyterian Church of La Grange, 150 South Ashland Ave.
        La
        > Grange, IL
        > >
        > > Saturday --- March 24, 2007

      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
          I drive from Chicago to Pittsburgh every November
          (cept this past one, I was out of CAYEvation time from
          having gone to Slovakia this summer) for the Slovak
          Heritage Festival -- if I were married and my husband
          wouldn't come -- I'd just go alone -- I might just
          leave a note to avoid the discussion -- but then
          again, I'm not married -- and the leaving a note might
          explain that -- LOL!

          I say, pack your suitcase, leave a note and g-o!

          Caye

          --- sportster_76_1999 <sportster_76_1999@...>

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com