March 24th CSAGSI Genealogy Workshop

  • SRK
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2007
      GENEALOGY WORKSHOP

      DECIPHERING and SIFTING THRU

      YOUR ANCESTORS' STORY

      Czech and Slovak American Genealogy Society of Illinois

      First Presbyterian Church of La Grange, 150 South Ashland Ave. La Grange, IL

      Saturday --- March 24, 2007

      8:30 AM Registration & coffee

      9 -10 AM Paul Nemecek

      "A Place to Start Looking for Your Ancestors' Story"

      Holdings at the CSAGSI Research Library

      10-11 AM Robert Baumruk

      "The Vocabulary You Need to do Czech Genealogy"

      11 AM-12 Noon Dolores Benes Duy

      "Sources for Genealogical Research in Illinois"

      12-1 PM Lunch Break

      Roast Pork dinner by Rose's Catering

      1-2 PM Helen A. Sclair "The Cemetery Lady"

      "Do not assume every cemetery is like every other cemetery"

      2-3 PM George & Louise Rokos

      "Where do we go from here?"

      Member $18.00 Guest $21.00 Any
      Questions call Sharon Davis

      Make check payable and mail to:
      708-749-2558 or e-mail to:

      CSAGSI
      rondav33@...

      P.O. Box 313
      Vendors: CSAGSI book sales

      Sugar Grove, IL 60554-0313
      Moravian Cultural Society

      United Moravian Societies

      Getting Down To The Root of the Matter

      Return this bottom section with your check payable to: CSAGSI
      Please Print

      Name & Membership #_____________________________________ Amount $
      _______________

      Address__________________________________________________City_______________
      ____________

      Phone______-_______-___________

      State, Zip Code________________________
      E-mail____________________________________________

      S. Krizan <mailto:Slovak2@...> Slovak2@... office
      1-847-398-7822

    • Dan Kisha
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2007
        Hoping to find out when there are Slovak Folk Festivals in Florida
        this year. If anybody has any information please email me at:
        daniel.kisha@...

        Thanks.

        Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
        Slovak Import Company
        New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
        <http://www.slovakic.com/>
        Ebay WWW Address:
        http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
        Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

        rondav33@comcast. <mailto:rondav33%40comcast.net> net

        P.O. Box 313
        Vendors: CSAGSI book sales

        Sugar Grove, IL 60554-0313
        Moravian Cultural Society

        United Moravian Societies

        Getting Down To The Root of the Matter

        Return this bottom section with your check payable to: CSAGSI
        Please Print

        Name & Membership #_____________________________________ Amount $
        _______________

        Address__________________________________________________City_____
        __________
        ____________

        Phone______-_______-___________

        State, Zip Code________________________
        E-mail____________________________________________

        S. Krizan <mailto:Slovak2@Gmail. <mailto:Slovak2%40Gmail.com> com>
        Slovak2@Gmail. <mailto:Slovak2%40Gmail.com> com office
        1-847-398-7822

      • sportster_76_1999
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2007
          Oh how I wish I could go! It would be great if something like this
          was being held in OH or nearby.

          Address__________________________________________________City________
          _______
          > ____________
          >

          > Phone______-_______-___________
          >

          > State, Zip Code________________________
          > E-mail____________________________________________
          >

          > S. Krizan <mailto:Slovak2@...> Slovak2@... office
          > 1-847-398-7822

        • Plichta
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1 5:00 AM
            "Nearby"????

            Your definition of "nearby" must be different than mine.

            Ohio is certainly more "nearby" Illinois than Virginia is.

            "Nearby" is relative.

            Enjoy our language.

            Frank R. Plichta

            Galax, Virginia

            _____

            --- In Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com, "SRK" <srkrizan@...> wrote:

            > GENEALOGY WORKSHOP
            >
            > DECIPHERING and SIFTING THRU YOUR ANCESTORS' STORY
            >
            > Czech and Slovak American Genealogy Society of Illinois
            >
            > First Presbyterian Church of La Grange, 150 South Ashland Ave. La
            Grange, IL

            > Saturday --- March 24, 2007

          • sportster_76_1999
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1 7:18 PM
              Yes, Ohio is closer to Illinois than Virginia is, that's a
              definite. I suppose my husband & I could make it a weekend trip;
              however, I know for a fact he would never go for it, not for a
              geneology workshop. If it was being given somewhere where we could
              just spend the day, then that would be different.
              Anyway, it sounds really interesting. I wouldn't mind finding a
              good Slovak festival somewhere. I suppose we'd drive a little
              farther for that.
              Ginger Meadows

              World@yahoogroups.com] On
              > Behalf Of sportster_76_1999
              > Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:36 PM
              > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: March 24th CSAGSI Genealogy Workshop
              >

              > Oh how I wish I could go! It would be great if something like this
              > was being held in OH or nearby.
              >
              > --- In Slovak-World@ <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
              > yahoogroups.com, "SRK" <srkrizan@> wrote:
              > >
              > > GENEALOGY WORKSHOP
              > >
              > > DECIPHERING and SIFTING THRU YOUR ANCESTORS' STORY
              > >
              > > Czech and Slovak American Genealogy Society of Illinois
              > >
              > > First Presbyterian Church of La Grange, 150 South Ashland Ave.
              La
              > Grange, IL
              > >
              > > Saturday --- March 24, 2007

            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2 8:37 AM
                I drive from Chicago to Pittsburgh every November
                (cept this past one, I was out of CAYEvation time from
                having gone to Slovakia this summer) for the Slovak
                Heritage Festival -- if I were married and my husband
                wouldn't come -- I'd just go alone -- I might just
                leave a note to avoid the discussion -- but then
                again, I'm not married -- and the leaving a note might
                explain that -- LOL!

                I say, pack your suitcase, leave a note and g-o!

                Caye

                --- sportster_76_1999 <sportster_76_1999@...>

                http://new.mail.yahoo.com