Jakubany - Re: Merry Christmas

  • cvargacvarga
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 26, 2006
      Ahoj Elaine,

      My father's side is from Jakubany. I recongize the Duffla name, the
      current Mayor of the village is a Duffla. There is a "Jakubany
      Group" (I'm the moderator so just apply and I will approve your
      membership):

      This site includes photos of Jakubany and Stara' L'ubovna, etc., and
      there is a link there and on Slovak-World to the church records from
      Jakubany:

      http://www.geocities.com/jakubanyrecords/

      Ron Cieslak (a Duffla) runs that site and has done extensive
      genealogy for Jakubany.

      Colin

      PS: I live in Philly.

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, BURKJE@... wrote:

      > Hi ,
      > I too am a member of Slovak -world looking for relatives in
      Zakubany
      > ,Slovokia. But I saw Katherine was a Yura. I was a friend and went
      to school in
      > Phia.with a Alice Yura from Hopelawn, Fords, Perth Amboy area. Her
      parents had a
      > store there and wanted me to get her out more to dances and
      picnics of our
      > Slovak roots. I lost contact with her after graduation and I hope
      you are related
      > to her and can help me in contacting her again. I went to St.Johns
      Greek
      > Orthodox Catholic Church in Perth Amboy,NJ. HEr mom went there
      too....... Are you
      > a relative ? Do you Know the family? Let me know .
      >
      > Have a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year !

      Yours In
      > Christ,

      Elaine

      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 27, 2011